• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Iz it coz I is Ackee?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Closet?!!
    ah name calling. I see you don't understand why the original story is funny then?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      What about Kosher slaughter houses? Many of those points above apply to many religions and cultures including those a lot closer to home than you think...
      Assumptive whataboutism, regressive left sure are scary sometimes, crikey.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        They only tag stuff that gets nicked regularly, and it varies from store to store. So instead of complaining about racism, maybe he should be criticising the shoplifters.
        Indeed. If hummus was being pinched then hummus would be tagged.

Comment

Interesting thing is

sainsburys obviously had a problem with that item being stolen otherwise they wouldn't have gone to the time and expense of tagging the goods.

The first mention of race was the guy complaining as he's view is that only black people eat ackee therefore this is racist.

He has racial stereotyped but its everyone else who is racist.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Interesting thing is

sainsburys obviously had a problem with that item being stolen otherwise they wouldn't have gone to the time and expense of tagging the goods.

The first mention of race was the guy complaining as he's view is that only black people eat ackee therefore this is racist.

He has racial stereotyped but its everyone else who is racist.
            I tried ackee once. Never again. Certainly those who eat ackee have very little taste.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I tried ackee once. Never again. Certainly those who eat ackee have very little taste.
              Did you pay for it?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Facts like a political party buying ten bigoted votes for £1billion in times of austerity?

Yeah peasants, deal with it.
                Shouldn't you be out already celebrating the impending Scottish independence...?

Oh, bugger...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  There is no moral or merit in using perceived fact to support narrow minded prejudice.
                  And in other news, somebody who doesn't understand something uses some long words and pretends he knows what some of them mean...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Indeed. If hummus was being pinched then hummus would be tagged.
                    Bloody hell, if hummus was being nicked en masse, Waitrose would be instantly bust and the world would consequently end...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      covered by the same rules.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/halal-and-kosher-slaughter

however much of our meat is halal by default which seems to avoid this requirement.

I have no objection to speaking some religious text over the animal if that makes some people happy but I would prefer the animal to be stunned after all we are all apparently God's creatures regardless of which sales team we listen to.
                      Speak for yourself. If such divinity exists, I genuinely question the God which created me, for he clearly had other things on his mind...

Comment

Working...
                      X