• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to stop talking about Brexit and move on

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    If the Greeks were to default then they would be able to raise no new capital for a long while and then only at very high interest rates.

It is complete and utter nonsense to suggest that Greece can simply default.
    Usual Bremoaner cretin.

Investors buy into Iceland and Latvia debt issues | Reuters

To keep it at a level in terms a simpleton can understand, 3 years after defaulting Iceland could borrow again.

The only reason Greece cannot default(or Germany forgive the loans which would be better) is that the German people have no idea how much has been lent or that they can never get their money back.

Of course, the German people are easily misled. Look at 1934.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Usual Bremoaner cretin.

Investors buy into Iceland and Latvia debt issues | Reuters

To keep it at a level in terms a simpleton can understand, 3 years after defaulting Iceland could borrow again.

The only reason Greece cannot default(or Germany forgive the loans which would be better) is that the German people have no idea how much has been lent or that they can never get their money back.

It was the banks in Iceland that went bankrupt, not the state.

I think someone needs to take your spade away from you.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        I understand where you coming from and to a point I agree with you. But here is the thing Greece is never ever going to pay that money back. The bailouts have gone straight to the banks.

The narrative of lazy Greeks being bailed out by thrifty Germans is unhelpful and hides the real suffering going on. People committing suicide and the young leaving.

Also, if you actually look at it the German banks lent money incompetently on a huge scale, in the US and Europe. They received a bailout but for political reasons they could not get a second bailout. So Merkel the competent politician decided to sell it as bailout to Greece, money from the EU and IMF (taxpayers money) went to Greece then straight to the German banks. A big huge bailout! Now Greece is left with debt it will never ever pay back and the country is in a dire straight.

You can blame the Greek government for its incompetence all you like and there is plenty of things wrong with Greece but this is no way to help Greece. Also, look to the banks in France and Germany far from competent and reckless on a grand scale.

Sorry to go on about this but it makes my blood boil.
        And in other news a thick Brexiter gets angry about stuff he doesnt understand. Always angry about something, Brexiters. If you want to get angry get angry about Farage, Gove and Johnson who've sold you down the river.

Reading your rant again, what comes across is how very, very, very stupid you are.
        Last edited by sasguru; 21 July 2017, 18:55.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

It was the banks in Iceland that went bankrupt, not the state.

I think someone needs to take your spade away from you.

Presumably you still think that LTCM was bailed out by banks in 1998?

The only reason Iceland government survived was IMF and other governments lending money. Which was due to threats to get Russian money.

Of course the IMF would step in to help Greece. Oh wait. The head of the IMF is one of the chief EU dictators.

Iceland plays the Russian card very well - its the reason they won the cod wars. Greece needs to wise up.

Bankers very quickly forget crises.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            And in other news a thick Brexiter gets angry about stuff he doesnt understand. Always angry about something, Brexiters. If you want to get angry get angry about Farage, Gove and Johnson who've sold you down the river.

Reading your rant again, what comes across is how very, very, very stupid you are.
            Too cretinous to even manage a flounce.....

Comment

Too cretinous to even manage a flounce.....
              Says the Brexiter who thinks the Germans are too easily misled
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Today after Gove admitted the government was planning a long Brexit transition, Brexiteers have been phoning into LBC to say that they have been sold up the river

I'm alright Jack

Comment

We need to stop arguing because as of today we're all "Bremainers"

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Can't we all just get along....?

Comment

We need to stop arguing because as of today we're all "Bremainers"

True.

The best post of the day.

Comment

Working...
                      X