• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to stop talking about Brexit and move on

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    Is it just me that finds your posing so vulgar.

SAS day 1: "we are royally f@@@@d cos of this brexit. And our kids. I mean, I'll be fine but you know, you lot".

SAS day 2: "we are FOOKED I said, FOOKED. I mean, I'm not, I'll be fine, but you lot are on a sinking ship".

SAS day n: "the whole country is FOOKED due to brexit. I mean, everyone except me and my friends. We're ok like."

Brexit is a vehicle for you to attempt to publicly pat yourself on the back and tell yourself "haven't I done well to be unbrexitable".
    Have you tried mindfulness and yoga? Zen meditation?
    It'll help you come to terms with the fact that you have 20 years of dull as ditchwater code maintenance left before you can retire to Arseendofnowhere, Oz.
    If you don't kill yourself with the booze first.
    Personally I think you've done well given your obvious congenital limitations
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      That's disingenuous. The problem is the EU allows in literally millions of non-EU immigrants. Then after a certain time all these are automatically given EU citizenship.
      You cite Sweden as an example. The criteria for citizenship are here. Read them carefully and you'll find there is no automatic right. You have to prove your identity with satisfactory papers or have a Swiss citizen credibly attest to your identity. You have to have had good conduct during your residency. All of this means that it isn't automatic.

The criteria for Germany are even more stringent.

There is no automatic right to EU citizenship after five years for non-EU, anywhere within Europe.

If anyone is being disingenuous it's you. Repeating the same lies again and again.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Have you tried mindfulness and yoga? Zen meditation?
        It'll help you come to terms with the fact that you have 20 years of dull as ditchwater code maintenance left before you can retire to Arseendofnowhere, Oz.
        If you don't kill yourself with the booze first.
        Personally I think you've done well given your obvious congenital limitations
        That's pretty nasty stuff you've written right there.

I sincerely hope that Mrs.Assguru enjoys Gonsalvo while you are out drinking the cheap sherry he has made from your shrivelled grapes.

Comment

That's pretty nasty stuff you've written right there.

I sincerely hope that Mrs.Assguru enjoys Gonsalvo while you are out drinking the cheap sherry he has made from your shrivelled grapes.
          Oh diddums. Tries to play with the big boys but they hurt his ickle feelings. There, there!
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Ireland, Spain, Italy, Greece and Portugal had debt problems not a currency problem.

Iceland and Romania were also begging at the IMF and they didn't have the Euro. Iceland and Ireland both had identical problems, both have recovered. Greece's problem was similar to Argentina, Argentina doesn't have the Euro. Argentina is still a basket case.

If there was spiraling inflation or rocketing interest rates that would be a currency problem. The Euro has delivered precisely what it says on the packet, stability and low interest rates.

...and those that argue without the Euro Greece could have simply raised even more debt to dig themselves out using QE are in cuckoo land.

Italy, Spain and Portugal have a debt problem, outside of the EU they could devalue their currency and be more competitive and some debts would actually cost less to pay back. You can't do that when you are in the Euro.

Greece has fundamental problems and because they are in the Euro their debt payments spiraled. They should not have been loaned that money in the first place. The bailouts have gone straight to German and French banks and Greece will never pay that debt back, instead will be stuck in austerity until its on its knees and then the debt will be restructured.

Those that say well Greece should pay it back they borrowed it. You can't have guaranteed debt, hence bankruptcy - that's why we have different interest rates depending on the risk. Greece should have left the euro and defaulted. If it defaulted that would have left Germany in one crap place.
            Last edited by woohoo; 21 July 2017, 15:23.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Italy, Spain and Portugal have a debt problem, outside of the EU they could devalue their currency and be more competitive and some debts would actually cost less to pay back. You can't do that when you are in the Euro.

Greece has fundamental problems and because they are in the Euro their debt payments spiraled. They should not have been loaned that money in the first place. The bailouts have gone straight to German and French banks and Greece will never pay that debt back, instead will be stuck in austerity until its on its knees the debt will be restructured.
              Without debt, Greece would only spend 61% of GDP.

It needs a modern day Marshall plan to forgive the debt. How about the Merkel plan?

Comment

Maybe that's what your kids will tell you when they can't find jobs and can't automatically travel to a European country in search of them.
                Good luck.
                But like I said, time to stop talking about it. The die is cast and I for one am glad I have an exit route if necessary.
                Big deal, more doom from you.

Comment

Oh diddums. Tries to play with the big boys but they hurt his ickle feelings. There, there!
                  You're a big boy are you? My arse. You're a scared nerd who is trying to give it the big "I am" from the safety of his garden shed

It's like an ugly guy turning up to a nightclub, walking into a group of hot chicks and going "HELLO LADIES" and then trying to blame his lack of sex on the situation. But with no real clue as to what happened. No consciousness. That's how you roll on this forum.

Comment

You're a big boy are you? My arse. You're a scared nerd who is trying to give it the big "I am" from the safety of his garden shed

It's like an ugly guy turning up to a nightclub, walking into a group of hot chicks and going "HELLO LADIES" and then trying to blame his lack of sex on the situation. But with no real clue as to what happened. No consciousness. That's how you roll on this forum.
                    Just can't give it a rest can you?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

Greece has fundamental problems and because they are in the Euro their debt payments spiraled. They should not have been loaned that money in the first place. The bailouts have gone straight to German and French banks and Greece will never pay that debt back, instead will be stuck in austerity until its on its knees and then the debt will be restructured.

Those that say well Greece should pay it back they borrowed it. You can't have guaranteed debt, hence bankruptcy - that's why we have different interest rates depending on the risk. Greece should have left the euro and defaulted. If it defaulted that would have left Germany in one crap place.
                      Before the Euro Southern European countries issued debt in DMs. You can't raise debt on the international markets with a "Banana Republic" currency. Without the Euro they would have ended up like Argentina, who also had all its debt in Dollars or DMs, as their currency devalued defaulting and paying a massive interest rate to raise new debt in Euros. That's why they couldn't wait to get into the Euro and why they'll never leave it.

What Eurosceptics do is mix and match to make bogus arguments. They talk about devaluation helping their debts by making the completely bogus assumption that Greece would have had all its debts in Drachma. Nothing could be further from the truth. The other bogus argument is Greece would have exported its way out after the devaluation. What on earth would they export ? Greece is an import nation that, like Argentina, would simply have become impoverished by a devaluation. Yes of course there are the holiday resorts, but the food and even staff are "imported" so that wouldn't help. I did see a documentary on Greece and the managers were saying devaluation wouldn't help because they wouldn't have been able to import any goods or materials for their products and would have simply gone bankrupt as their home market collapsed.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X