• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to stop talking about Brexit and move on

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Sigh, the facts are all out there, if only you could be bothered to do your own homework ..

Here's what I found in within one minute of searching ...

Naturalization as a Swedish citizen

German nationality law
    In order to get German nationality they have to be recognized refugees, most of the refugees have their applications refused. Not all of them are deported and the ones that aren't have no rights, i.e. they're encouraged to go back but not forced but they can't become citizens. If the Syrian war is resolved the refugees will lose their status as a refugee and will lose the right to become a citizen. A lot can happen in 8 years. Anyone who becomes a German citizen has to renounce his previous citizenship and therefore needs an official document from the authorities of the country he came from. This bureaucratic step alone will scupper most attempts to become a citizen for refugees from a war torn country or anyone who threw away their passport.

I'm sure that most posters know EU citizens working in the UK, so does anyone know of an EU citizen who blagged his way into a refugee camp, claimed Italian citizenship to come to Britain ?

I would presume their photos would be all over the Daily Mail, so they can post some links.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Sigh, the facts are all out there, if only you could be bothered to do your own homework ..
      My "homework" shouldn't be to check every one of your posts to see how often you make claims that you refuse to (or can't) back up, because the DF won't tell you where they get their stories from.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Another homework dodger? You and WTFH are the absolute limit!
        It's your claim, you back it up.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Another homework dodger? You and WTFH are the absolute limit!
          We're the ones asking questions, not making ludicrous claims.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

anyways the debate on immigration was always a bogus one as the UK government has no intention of changing freedom of movement, it was just a cynical ploy by the elite Eurosceptics to whip up some anti EU anger with the great unwashed so they would sign away their employment rights for "sweatshop" Britain run by the new "Victorian" elite.

The gullible masses sold down the river

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              the UK government has no intention of changing freedom of movement
              Exactly...

On the money...
              one day at a time

Comment

Qu'elle surprise. And in other news economic reality intrudes on fantasy. Wonder what other concessions will be made.
                Last edited by sasguru; 21 July 2017, 10:42.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

This UK government has no intention of changing freedom of movement, ...
                  FTFY (The rest of your post is just a lot of hot air.)

The point as always being that at least a future UK government will be able to implement policies to suit the UK
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The point as always being that at least a future UK government will be able to implement policies to suit the UK
                    Once the UK is tied into an agreement with the EU it will be as much in stone as membership of the EU. Membership of the EU is nothing more than a trade deal, and if you don't believe me ask Switzerland and Norway.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Eventually the UK will join the Euro and become a fully fledged member of Europe.
                      But not until a great deal of pain and reality checking is gone through.
                      Being in the EU enabled the UK to piggy back on it and play the big boy.
                      But on its own the weaknesses of the UK economy: the large deficits, the reliance on debt-fuelled conusmption, the tiny manufacturing sector, the over-reliance of foreign investment and a massive housing ponzi scheme will be painfully exposed.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X