• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to stop talking about Brexit and move on

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    The gentleman doth protest too much.

I suspect you are royally f****d by brexit. You are keeping quiet why, but the number of your brexit posts is too high...
    I can think of two feasible possibilities that explain that.

1. Look up the word "disinterested" in a dictionary.
    2. He likes to troll the thick Brexiters*.

*As opposed to the smart ones.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      That's disingenuous. The problem is the EU allows in literally millions of non-EU immigrants. Then after a certain time all these are automatically given EU citizenship.

Then in turn they are entitled to work in the UK, after which as others have pointed out they are entitled to morph from immigrants to gimmegrants.
      It's only a few days ago that you trotted out the same thing, and when challenged to prove it, you couldn't.
      REPEATING A LIE DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      How many of the refugees/immigrants got full EU citizenship last year?
      No idea, but I understand they only have to remain in the EU for a certain time (five years?), keeping their nose clean, after which they automatically qualify for EU citizenship.

Also, this report was released today:

2017-07-17 The outlook for EU migration if the UK remains subject to the free movement of people

Haven't read it in detail yet, but presumably it is pertinent to this discussion.
      Originally posted by meridian View Post
      Link / source? There's no such thing as "EU citizenship". Each EU country has it's own rules, there's no "one size fits all". Germany, for example, requires

Other countries may be less, may be more.
      Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Hardly likely to get citizenship. Only a minority of asylum seekers will be able to apply for citizenship. Most are either deported or tolerated i.e. there are difficulties sending them back so they can stay but they have less rights and they certainly can't become citizens. If the Syrian war is resolved within the next 8 years then refugees will be expected to return.
      So, you have "no idea", yet you and several others trot it out as an argument that these refugees arrive at Italy and are given full EU citizenship so that they are in the UK in a couple of hours.

Maybe, before you decide to argue that every single refugee is granted full EU citizenship, you might want to research the opinions you are being spoon fed before relying on them as fact.
      Originally posted by stek View Post
      There is no such thing as EU citizenship. In uk they would need ILR first via DL or HP that’s a 6-10 year route and after that it’s required the previous 10 years be blemish free, and as most enter uk illegally initially and claim asylum, it’s 10 years from then.

Only on becoming a BC can you gain EU FoM rights, and we won’t be in it then
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's only a few days ago that you trotted out the same thing, and when challenged to prove it, you couldn't.
        REPEATING A LIE DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE.
        Reasoned argument doesn't work. It's an emotional thing.
        But I will say in passing that the shrill yelling of the Brexiter press, the constant lies and the intolerance of dissent don't seem to be the hallmarks of a group who are confident in what they profess to believe.
        Last edited by sasguru; 21 July 2017, 09:55.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          The reason I started this thread is because I realise Brexit is an emotional decision for most Brexiters and you can deploy all sorts of reasoned arguments but it won't make a blind bit of difference.
          So let's all move on. I'm feeing sanguine since the missus has just received her European dual nationality and I have a firm job offer from the US.
          I hope the Brexiters get what they want - a real and hard Brexit.
          Either it will work or it won't.
          There is no way you are successful in business, you are too backward looking. You may be a niche public service contractor but certainly not top end.

Forget the UK. Move on. What will be will be. You can move back later if you like. You are already behind the curve in fact.

Why are you posting this drivel when you could be enjoying yourself with your mail order bride? She just took dual nationality? I knew it! So she now has EU *and* Philippino. And with your UK passport you should have quite some mobility.

Comment

It's only a few days ago that you trotted out the same thing, and when challenged to prove it, you couldn't. ...
            Sigh, the facts are all out there, if only you could be bothered to do your own homework ..

Here's what I found in within one minute of searching ...

Naturalization as a Swedish citizen

... the residence period is reduced to 4 years for recognised refugees and stateless persons

German nationality law

Naturalisation is also possible for foreign nationals after six to eight years of legal residence in Germany

:::

A significant reform to the nationality law was passed by the Bundestag (the German parliament) in 1999, and came into force on 1 January 2000. The reformed law makes it somewhat easier for foreigners resident in Germany on a long-term basis, and especially their children born in Germany, to acquire German citizenship
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

There is no way you are successful in business, you are too backward looking. You may be a niche public service contractor but certainly not top end.

Forget the UK. Move on. What will be will be. You can move back later if you like. You are already behind the curve in fact.

Why are you posting this drivel when you could be enjoying yourself with your mail order bride? She just took dual nationality? I knew it! So she now has EU *and* Philippino. And with your UK passport you should have quite some mobility.
              You ooze mediocrity from every post. But try not to project, there's a good chap.
              Back to checking the lead programmer's IF statements (and try not to stick your tongue out when you're doing it) or you'll have to choke extra pole this evening.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I hope to God Sas wasn't rash enough to take out life insurance after he married her!

Comment

Sigh, the facts are all out there, if only you could be bothered to do your own homework ..

Here's what I found in within one minute of searching ...

Naturalization as a Swedish citizen

German nationality law
                  How many refugees did Sweden and Germany give citizenship to in the last year? Got any figures?
                  Not that it matters, just curious.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

You ooze mediocrity from every post. But try not to project, there's a good chap.
                    Back to checking the lead programmer's IF statements (and try not to stick your tongue out when you're doing it) or you'll have to choke extra pole this evening.
                    I laughed out loud at that. Thanks for that.

I can just imagine you in a smoking jacket with a comb over and a menthol cigarette in your hand, saying "ooooze".

You make my skin crawl actually.

Comment

How many refugees did Sweden and Germany give citizenship to in the last year? Got any figures?

Not that it matters, just curious.
                      Another homework dodger? You and WTFH are the absolute limit!

Comment

Working...
                      X