• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why the UK cannot compete

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Since when has it been illegal to film a child?
    Are you being serious?

You go to a local playpark and whip your camera out - see if you can get some shots of 5 year olds on a swing and coming down the slide.

You'll be lucky to get out alive.
    Quite possibly, but that doesn't address the legality of filming a child.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If you don't film the child, how do the parents know to pay the ransom?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

UK is a sick bunny and needs....

one day at a time

Comment

So it's ok to get around trading laws by using kids. Sounds like something the drug paddlers have known for ages.

Then again if their rules state you have to be 18 or over to get a licence then all those under 18 can trade without. So why do the school kids settle for a paper round, when they can just set up a stall selling whatever they want anywhere they want.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            So why do the school kids settle for a paper round
            Kid's doing paper-rounds? Pretty much no kid does a paper round these days for the simple fact that almost nobody get's a paper delivered anymore.

Kid's don't do milk-rounds either for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
              Kid's doing paper-rounds? Pretty much no kid does a paper round these days for the simple fact that almost nobody get's a paper delivered anymore.

Kid's don't do milk-rounds either for the same reason.
              They do in my area do paper rounds and kids do some of the deliveries.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Same down here where it's mostly small towns and villages full or retirees still upholding the old traditions.

Saw a paperboy just the other morning, though he may have been taking the postie's bicycle for a joy ride.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Why not fined the father instead of a 5 years child?

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                    Why not fined the father instead of a 5 years child?
                    Actually they should have used a bit of common sense, it's a 5 year old girl making some pocket money, not a business. Absolutely pathetic
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Yeah but how many?

In order for most kids ( 12 - 14?, I think I was that old when I did my round, 6 days a week, Saturday was the killer all the papers were twice as heavy ) to have a paper round, most people would need to have a paper delivered.

Since most people don't have a paper delivered, most kids cannot do a paper round.

It's simple supply and demand init?

Comment

Working...
                      X