• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Computer Games - Ever completed one

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    You mean Leisure Suit Larry? (In the land of the Lounge Lizards).

Yep. A classic at the time.
    My memory is a bit hazy of the 1980/90s
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike - maze #1

You are in a maze of little twisty passages, all alike - maze #2

Plugh
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

off topic, but i've got Z/OS 1.10 running on an EEE PC 1000H
        <bored benchtime>
        you may be right about star trek, my memory's not what it used to be

Comment

you may be right, but if i may be pedantic, an osciloscope isn't a computer, and i did say COMPUTER game.
          It isn't. It's a display device however there had to be electronic logic systems to provide the information to the scope. This would fit the following statement.

an electronic device which is capable of receiving information (data) in a particular form and of performing a sequence of operations in accordance with a predetermined but variable set of procedural instructions (program) to produce a result in the form of information or signals.

So it's a computer no?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            It isn't. It's a display device however there had to be electronic logic systems to provide the information to the scope. This would fit the following statement.

an electronic device which is capable of receiving information (data) in a particular form and of performing a sequence of operations in accordance with a predetermined but variable set of procedural instructions (program) to produce a result in the form of information or signals.

So it's a computer no?
            OK, - you win, - i'll see what my accountant has to say

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              Plugh
              NEXT!

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                Plugh
                Nothing happens.

Comment

off topic, but i've got Z/OS 1.10 running on an EEE PC 1000H
                  <bored benchtime>
                  you may be right about star trek, my memory's not what it used to be
                  Oh dear, illegally with Hercules I presume? I have z/OS 2.2 running on one laptop native (well under Linux), another 2 laptops with z/OS 2.2 and z/VM 6.4 in virtual machines and an x3650 M3 with a whole parallel sysplex (z/VM 6.4, 2 x z/OS 2.2 and z/OS 2.1 with RHEL 7.2, SLES12 SP3 and a z(VSE guest)...I am actually currently logged into 1 z14, 2 x z13 and an EC12 as well
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Oh dear, illegally with Hercules I presume? I have z/OS 2.2 running on one laptop native (well under Linux), another 2 laptops with z/OS 2.2 and z/VM 6.4 in virtual machines and an x3650 M3 with a whole parallel sysplex (z/VM 6.4, 2 x z/OS 2.2 and z/OS 2.1 with RHEL 7.2, SLES12 SP3 and a z(VSE guest)...I am actually currently logged into 1 z14, 2 x z13 and an EC12 as well
                    that sounds very BLUE to me.
                    i'd love a copy of zPDT, but it's too expensive for a toy, when there's bikes out there

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
                      Nothing happens.
                      Depends where you were :-) Can move you from rooms in the building to Y2, if I remember correctly.
                      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                      X