• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Computer Games - Ever completed one

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Activision Chopper command for the Atari
    Manic Miner
    Chucky Egg
    Amstrad Ikari Warriors
    Bomb Jack Spectrum
    Outrun MSX
    Yier Kung Fu MSX
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I could consistently get over 170,000 on Moon Cresta (Taito variant ROMs, as that's what they had in the Student Union) though IIRC my highest ever score was around 183,000. Took about 45 minutes to an hour to play a single game

And I eventually managed to become good enough at Defender to consistently get to around 200,000, with a personal best over 250,000

I also got to Elite on the BBC Micro; I haven't played the new version yet
      I got the new one on ps4.

Yeah it works well complete time stealer though.

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Activision Chopper command for the Atari
      Manic Miner
      Chucky Egg
      Amstrad Ikari Warriors
      Bomb Jack Spectrum
      Outrun MSX
      Yier Kung Fu MSX

Loading Ch_egg

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        I got the new one on ps4.

Yeah it works well complete time stealer though.

Loading Ch_egg
        Absolute classic.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I completed Blip once (electronic tennis game)

Comment

Of course there's always my mention in French Wikipedia: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Hunter#Portages

Comment

Played the original Elite, there is no end point as such but was Elite multiple times and did all of the 'missions'.
              Elite Dangerous has been in a good place for a year or so now. PS4 release was odd in that the community loved it as it's not a 'shoot'em up'. No VR yet (which is meant to be awesome on the PC version).

Take your time, you'll be playing ED in 10 years time so there is no hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                Played the original Elite, there is no end point as such but was Elite multiple times and did all of the 'missions'.
                Elite Dangerous has been in a good place for a year or so now. PS4 release was odd in that the community loved it as it's not a 'shoot'em up'. No VR yet (which is meant to be awesome on the PC version).

Yeah im a fan of Elite Dangerous, though the jumps can be a bit tedious. But saying that it makes things worth while, spending 40 mins to get to a alien base.

Comment

That's why I gave up playing "Elite dangerous". I did one jump and thought the Xbox had frozen up... I'm sure Elite on the Commode didn't take that long to jump. Still have a C64 somewhere, and an Atari ST as well.

I've completed most FPS Xbox games, but currently play "World of Tanks" on Xbox. Very rare I finish a match in one piece, but probably have more tanks than the British Army at the moment. Takes time to be able to buy a level IX, next stop is Level X.

However. Yesterday I was last man with 5 enemy chasing me, I killed all but 1, but won the match camped in the base. 3 dead ones in front, a wall behind, 7 rounds of 2 inch shell left in my little Matilda, 40% health left. If the last guy on the other team had got to me, I don't think I would have survived but there was only one hole left I could have got shot from.. 15 minute games seem to last forever sometimes. Also tend to play Black Ops 2, didn't get on with the Halo jumping "cheat sight, quick scoping bull" versions that came after that. Battlefield 1 and 2, they were fairly long online sessions, used to love blowing buildings up, dropping Mortar fire on snipers, all that kind of thing. Then that went "Halo" as well. But I guess they run out of ideas? Bigger maps, longer sessions would have done the same job.

Got to level 12 I think on Jetpack, but after that, well the balloons came from everywhere, I don't think the Speccy could process that fast...

Comment

What's that game that MF has as his avatar. Used to love those.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      Yeah im a fan of Elite Dangerous, though the jumps can be a bit tedious. But saying that it makes things worth while, spending 40 mins to get to a alien base.
                      Yeah i can see ED being a good time sync for a few years - lots of plans for continued expansion etc.

To get the most of it you really need to get into the factions and the power play etc as otherwise the universe just seems a little empty - which is fine if you just wanna explore the universe and see some sights.

Comment

Working...
                      X