• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This girl made the ultimate Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Nah NAT, you are wrong. If the title said "The girl has left Britain - using the ultimate sanction" then I would agree with you.

Brexit means the UK leaving the EU. It's clear what the title wast meant to convey. The content backed it up.

Pretty tulip post tbh, I've seen you ban people for breathing yet you let a sicko post like this go untouched.

Poor girl was bullied and took her own life and some twat is making brexit posts and actually blaming specific people for her death. FFS get your act together.
    He lets anything go if it's having a dig at Brexit. Reading the original article, I wasn't surprised to see the whole thing happened in Cornwall. The Cornish think you're a bloody foreigner if you're from the next village.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Another one who can't follow a simple argument. Yeah yeah. Because it's absolutely vile to suggest that since the results of the referendum became known, racism and xenophobia have increased markedly. Not much of a stretch to go from that and naming the key architects of the referendum bearing some responsibility. Personally, I doubt it was a real factor. Teens have been committing suicide for decades for all kinds of reasons. I'm personally aware of three.

All this huff and puff sounds somewhat disingenuous - akin to virtue signalling. YMMV. Pretty cynical, isn't it, to use this poor girls death to indulge in mod-bashing.
      Good moderation. Allowing one of the most offensive threads ever while far less have been closed. Let everyone see how thick the remoaners are. Every post makes them look worse.

As usual mods with their jackboots on. Its good training for how Europe is going to be under Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        He lets anything go if it's having a dig at Brexit.
        I let anything go if it has a dig a Bremoaners as well.

I let this go not because it has a dig at Brexiters, but because I don't think it is an unreasonable comment to make. I.e. that since the referendum, xenophobia has increased, especially against the Poles, and this may have had some influence on the girl's decision to kill herself. By extrapolation, it's also not unreasonable to consider that the initiators of Brexit bear some responsibility for the increasingly xenophobic culture of Britain, and therefore for the death.

As I've already stated, my personal view is that xenophobia has increased, but probably wasn't a factor in this case.

Obviously, woohoo and others think that xenophobia hasn't increased and/or it wasn't an influencing factor in this case and/or it's nothing to do with the decision to leave the EU. Feel free to debate that. It doesn't seem an unreasonable thing to discuss, even if it is emotionally charged.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I let this go because I am a twunt of the first order, a bitter Bremoaner, and a fooking hopeless Moderator that couldn't be trusted to count his gonads and get the same number twice
          ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

By extrapolation, it's also not unreasonable to consider that the initiators of Brexit bear some responsibility for the increasingly xenophobic culture of Britain, and therefore for the death.
            By extrapolation, is a woman is not pregnant one day and pregnant the next, after 40 weeks she will give birth to 280 babies.

The reason for Brexit was inequality. Xenophobia was an unfortunate side effect, from people who would always be bigoted about something.

Comment

I let anything go if it has a dig a Bremoaners as well.

I let this go not because it has a dig at Brexiters, but because I don't think it is an unreasonable comment to make. I.e. that since the referendum, xenophobia has increased, especially against the Poles, and this may have had some influence on the girl's decision to kill herself. By extrapolation, it's also not unreasonable to consider that the initiators of Brexit bear some responsibility for the increasingly xenophobic culture of Britain, and therefore for the death.

As I've already stated, my personal view is that xenophobia has increased, but probably wasn't a factor in this case.

Obviously, woohoo and others think that xenophobia hasn't increased and/or it wasn't an influencing factor in this case and/or it's nothing to do with the decision to leave the EU. Feel free to debate that. It doesn't seem an unreasonable thing to discuss, even if it is emotionally charged.
              That Sir, is straight-from-the-Graun bollocks. And precisely why would you think xenephobia has increased, when you don't even live here? As I said previously, the Cornish tend to be xenephobic towards anyone not from their village (as witnessed by the grief Rick Stein has been experiencing) so you can't use an incident in Cornwall to scale up for Britain as a whole.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

That Sir, is straight-from-the-Graun bollocks. And precisely why would you think xenephobia has increased, when you don't even live here? As I said previously, the Cornish tend to be xenephobic towards anyone not from their village (as witnessed by the grief Rick Stein has been experiencing) so you can't use an incident in Cornwall to scale up for Britain as a whole.
                Going to Bethesda the other day, the police stopped me at the edge of town. I was asked if I was English. I said yes. I was then asked if I had any knives or bottles. I said no. I was then given some to ensure I made it through safely to the other side of town.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  The reason for Brexit was inequality. Xenophobia was an unfortunate side effect, from people who would always be bigoted about something.
                  OK, fair enough; they will always have been bigoted, so perhaps it is incorrect to say xenophobia has increased. More accurately then to say the expression of xenophobia has increased since the referendum. More hate crime, more racism on the streets etc.

That Sir, is straight-from-the-Graun bollocks
                  I wouldn't know. I don't have to live in the UK to know that the willingness to express xenophobia has increased. I'm still in contact with people who live there, I do visit from time to time, and I do read posts on this forum.

I've already stated that I don't believe that this suicide can be attributed to Brexit, so your argument that the Cornish are racist beggers to begin with and nothing has changed may well be true, but only supports what I said.

so you can't use an incident in Cornwall to scale up for Britain as a whole.
                  I wasn't. Which part of "I don't believe that this suicide can be attributed to Brexit," are you having difficulty with?
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

OK, fair enough; they will always have been bigoted, so perhaps it is incorrect to say xenophobia has increased. More accurately then to say the expression of xenophobia has increased since the referendum. More hate crime, more racism on the streets etc.

I wouldn't know. I don't have to live in the UK to know that the willingness to express xenophobia has increased. I'm still in contact with people who live there, I do visit from time to time, and I do read posts on this forum.

I've already stated that I don't believe that this suicide can be attributed to Brexit, so your argument that the Cornish are racist beggers to begin with and nothing has changed may well be true, but only supports what I said.
                    I seriously don't recommend you form an opinion based on anything you read on here...

Comment

I see the other Remoaners have left NAT to fight the unfightable on his own.

Comment

Working...
                      X