• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This girl made the ultimate Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Unfortunately 40 years ago phrases such as dumb P*lack, sp*c,Di*go were pretty common in my school, as I undestand it it was the same 60+ years ago when my parents were at school. That is before Corbyn first got laid or Farage's first pint.

Girls & boys being bullied to the point of despair was also pretty common.

Trying to tie this into Brexit is pretty low.
    Let me call you stupid British and see what is going to happen to me here.

You are a stupid British, said.

Comment

Please can a MOD shut this offensive thread down ASAP
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        It's hardly in purview of the Ministry of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          It's hardly in purview of the Ministry of Defence
          Don't confuse MOD with MoD.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            ...Trying to tie this into Brexit is pretty low.
            Or a matter of fairly simple logical deduction.

You could just stop posting to it.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Or a matter of fairly simple logical deduction.

You could just stop posting to it.
              Just bin this thread Nat, stop being a dick and less of the tuliphole replies.

Comment

Why because I called vetran a stupid British?
                Is it less important to call stupid Polish to the victim?

Comment

Wow.

Racism and xenophobia was here before Brexit and will forever be in the fabric of society. That's how it is. My mother has worked in the NHS for over 40 years and although by no means as bad as when she first came here, she still faces racism on a regular basis.

Bullying has been around since the dawn of time. Lots of young people have committed suicide because of it. It may or may not have a racial element to it. Racial bullying is also as old as the hills.

Some black and Asian people voted for Brexit. So by the OP's reasoning I guess they are as much responsible for the death of this girl as Farage and whoever else you might like to blame. Yes, Brexit may have given some people the opportunity to come out of their boxes and say what they like, but then so has social media, which existed before Brexit.

I am deeply sorry for this girl and her family. And I think the title of the thread is pretty disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
                    Wow.

Racism and xenophobia was here before Brexit and will forever be in the fabric of society. That's how it is. My mother has worked in the NHS for over 40 years and although by no means as bad as when she first came here, she still faces racism on a regular basis.

Bullying has been around since the dawn of time. Lots of young people have committed suicide because of it. It may or may not have a racial element to it. Racial bullying is also as old as the hills.

Some black and Asian people voted for Brexit. So by the OP's reasoning I guess they are as much responsible for the death of this girl as Farage and whoever else you might like to blame. Yes, Brexit may have given some people the opportunity to come out of their boxes and say what they like, but then so has social media, which existed before Brexit.

I am deeply sorry for this girl and her family. And I think the title of the thread is pretty disgusting.
                    I refuse to accept that these situations are normal just because existed before Brexit, it's almost the same that it's not important.

Hate crimes soared by 41% after Brexit vote, official figures reveal | The Independent

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                      I refuse to accept that these situations are normal just because existed before Brexit, it's almost the same that it's not important.

Hate crimes soared by 41% after Brexit vote, official figures reveal | The Independent
                      I don't remember saying anywhere that this is normal. I don't think it's normal to be racially abused by someone whose life you are trying to save. I don't think it's normal to be spat on because of your colour by someone you are trying to help. And how you make the assumption that I would be saying it's not important, I just cannot understand.

I have heard people from Europe say that they can no longer live in the UK because of the terrible atmosphere post Brexit. I'm sad they feel that way. I can only say that although the figures you present are bad, things have been a lot worse. We gritted our teeth and largely got on with it . (Had some fights along the way but the less said...)
                      Last edited by Elliegirl; 19 July 2017, 20:32.

Comment

Working...
                      X