• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OK which of our Europhiles is this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK which of our Europhiles is this?

Pensioner declares home republic in protest against Brexit | Daily Mail Online

Anti-Brexit pensioner declares home an 'independent republic' and charges visitors £50 for a visa with plans to adopt the Euro, elect a President and sign the Maastricht Treaty
    Dr William Riches' new state is his house in Newnham, Gloucestershire
    Academic, his wife Judith, their children and grandchildren are the only citizens
    New 'Independent Republic of Middlewatch' has £50 visa to enter post-Brexit
    He said: 'I was so mad after the vote to leave that I decided to put the signs up and declare my home an independent republic'
    Republic is purely symbolic and apes famous 1949 film Passport to Pimlico
    Can't be AssSnob as he has no sense of humour

though 'AssSnob's Republic Supporting Europe' does work in a Father Jack way.
    WTFH is a Possible 'WTFH's Anti-Brexit New Kingdom' has a ring to it.
    AtW maybe 'Squirrel's European eXclusion' zone works.
    Can't be Scooter, Darmy or NAT but 'Expat Reunited Republic Of Rhineland' seems ok.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Pensioner declares home republic in protest against Brexit | Daily Mail Online

Can't be AssSnob as he has no sense of humour

though 'AssSnob's Republic Supporting Europe' does work in a Father Jack way.
    WTFH is a Possible 'WTFH's Anti-Brexit New Kingdom' has a ring to it.
    AtW maybe 'Squirrel's European eXclusion' zone works.
    Can't be Scooter, Darmy or NAT but 'Expat Reunited Republic Of Rhineland' seems ok.
    Maybe we should declare war on his republic. We stand at least half a chance of winning it...

Edit: and to answer your original Q, it says he's an academic; that counts all of the remainers out.
    Last edited by Mordac; 17 July 2017, 22:02.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Edit: and to answer your original Q, it says he's an academic; that counts all of the remainers out.

No I think the study of our remainders is academic!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

As far as I know none of the above referenced are pensioners.
        Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        ... to answer your original Q, it says he's an academic; that counts all of the remainers out.
        Bit obvious really. Whoever heard of a contracting professor or university researcher? I doubt any Brexit-in-tears are academics either.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Nearly as much as a whackjob as this lot: | Active Resistance to Metrication
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
          X