• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London house prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London house prices

What's going on? Thinking I need to buy a place for weekend in London...

3-bed in Chelsea now only £1.2m 3 bedroom maisonette for sale in Lots Road, Chelsea, London, SW10, SW10

Perhaps I've become jaded with Munich house prices of late but you'd be lucky to get half that size out here for that money.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 18 July 2017, 07:57.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    What's going on? Thinking I need to buy a placed for weekend in London...
    Yes, of course you do......

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

If you move to London, I am moving to Munich.

Comment

What's going on? Thinking I need to buy a placed for weekend in London...

3-bed in Chelsea now only £1.2m 3 bedroom maisonette for sale in Lots Road, Chelsea, London, SW10, SW10

Perhaps I've become jaded with Munich house prices of late but you'd be lucky to get half that size out here for that money.
        Lots Road isn't Chelsea, it would have been regarded as working class Fulham in the old days. It's not far from Stamford Bridge, and that's in Fulham all day long - as any Chelski fans will happily testify
        Anyway the postcode should be the real giveaway - if it isn't SW3, it isn't Chelsea, no matter what your estate agent claims.

Edit: Just realised I was replying to the delusional sweaty sock who thinks he's farking farny. That's 3mins of my life gone forever. Here's a tip, if you want the house prices in Chelsea to take a massive Diego Costa, move there.
        Last edited by Mordac; 17 July 2017, 20:46.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Lots Road isn't Chelsea, it would have been regarded as working class Fulham in the old days. It's not far from Stamford Bridge, and that's in Fulham all day long - as any Chelski fans will happily testify
          Anyway the postcode should be the real giveaway - if it isn't SW3, it isn't Chelsea, no matter what your estate agent claims.

Edit: Just realised I was replying to the delusional sweaty sock who thinks he's farking farny. That's 3mins of my life gone forever. Here's a tip, if you want the house prices in Chelsea to take a massive Diego Costa, move there.
          I know Lots Road. It was a bit shabby some years ago but it's nor up and coming. Having said that the SMALL 3-bed in Lots Road for £1.2m is too expensive. For the same price you can buy in Holland Park. Furthermore, these days I don't think it is unreasonable to be paying around £1m for a house unless you live in Devon. BTW, any area around Chelsea is SH1T on football days not to mention countless cars being keyed by fans.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Lots Road famous for its power station, which used to be dedicated to providing all of the power for the London Underground.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lots_Road_Power_Station

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Anyway the postcode should be the real giveaway - if it isn't SW3, it isn't Chelsea, no matter what your estate agent claims. .
              How about this one, SW3 and 3-bed only £1.4m

3 bedroom apartment for sale in Beaufort Street, Chelsea, London, SW3, SW3

Think it is because I'm looking in Euros, I'm sure these properties seemed a lot more expensive a couple of year ago and have not been looking in London since.

Crumbs they are even slightly cheaper 3-beds in Pimlico, is Pimlico a bit of a dive or what? Can't wait until Brexit fully kicks in, there's going to be some bargains to be had.
              Last edited by scooterscot; 18 July 2017, 08:10.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Think it is because I'm looking in Euros, I'm sure these properties seemed a lot more expensive a couple of year ago and have not been looking in London since.

Crumbs they are even slightly cheaper 3-beds in Pimlico, is Pimlico a bit of a dive or what? Can't wait until Brexit fully kicks in, there's going to be some bargains to be had.
                You are a strange one scoots. Bit weird the stuff you come out with.

Comment

It is an flat on a Lease. You are paying for the right to rent. In other words you will pay rent own diddly squat and you will have to pay service charges on top of that. Leasehold, especially in London is a scam.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Ldoenn : 'we're hloding a referneudm to laeve the Eureopean union
                    EU: 'OK'
                    Scotland: 'we're holding a refeerndum to leave the UK union'
                    Ldonon: ' Oh no you're not'.

Comment

Working...
                    X