Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 53

TripleIronDad

BrilloPad is always on top

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As a committed fathers rights activist, I think his children are better off without their father.
    We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

I live on CUK

vetran is a fount of knowledge

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    As a committed fathers rights activist, I think his children are better off without their father.
    well it seems at that tender age he has impregnated two separate women, one assumes we get to fund them...
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Godlike

original PM - scorchio!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Still gathering requirements...

tiggat is good enough for Jehovah!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    He was not beaten to death by a mob. He was restrained through citizens arrest using minimum force. Those making the arrest were attacked by his mate in a car.

Under your thinking, those who dared to stand up to terrorist attackers would be prosecuted.
    These people aren't qualified or equipped to make arrests because they aren't members of the police. Would you let an unknown member of the public help you in a medical emergency because they felt they were qualified?

Under your thinking a terrorist attack is equivalent to a convenience store robbery.

Godlike

original PM - scorchio!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tiggat View Post
    These people aren't qualified or equipped to make arrests because they aren't members of the police. Would you let an unknown member of the public help you in a medical emergency because they felt they were qualified?

Under your thinking a terrorist attack is equivalent to a convenience store robbery.
    I think the point is that by stoping the guy who was wondering around with a baseball bat threatening to rob a store you are doing society a favour.

The comparison with helping somebody who is injured is not the same - although think about it this way.

You have a competent but not qualified person who could help you but the qualified person is 15 minutes away and you will die in 10 - are you really telling me you would prefer to die than let someone try and save you?

I am trying to feel sorry for the guy who dies but basically like many people I am sick and tired of criminals being portrayed as victims in some way when they get hurt doing their crimes.

In my view as soon as you do something which completely disrespects someone else human rights you have be default removed any need for anyone to care about yours.

I live on CUK

vetran is a fount of knowledge

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

they weren't however their intentions seem to be honourable, legal and apparently reasonable.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2011...itizens-arrest

now if you can find similar law to support taking a golf club to the local COOPs staff.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is a fount of knowledge

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He looks like a big lad in the justgiving page. Pretty brave of whoever took him on!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Fingers like lightning

billybiro has more data than eek

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Would you let an unknown member of the public help you in a medical emergency because they felt they were qualified?
    If the alternative is lying there, incapacitated, and perhaps bleeding to death before the emergency services arrive on the scene, then yes, I would let an untrained member of the public help me. Let's face it, in this circumstance, they couldn't make anything worse and I'd have very little to lose, no?

TripleIronDad

BrilloPad is always on top

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Anyone can make a citizens arrest. In fact, it is what special constables do as they have no powers of arrest.

You should be arrested for crimes against intelligence. As soon as I have arrested sasguru, I will be round for you....
    We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

Still gathering requirements...

tiggat is good enough for Jehovah!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by billybiro View Post
    , they couldn't make anything worse
    Are you sure?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast