• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now if only he had thought of that before the armed robbery!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now if only he had thought of that before the armed robbery!

Armed robber, 29, dies after being restrained by passersby | Daily Mail Online

Friends of armed robber who died after being restrained in street by passers-by say they should be PROSECUTED for their have-a-go heroism
    Shane Bryant, 29, and a pal robbed a Co-op in Ashby, Leicestershire, Thursday
    As they tried to flee the scene, passersby restrained Bryant outside the shop
    When police officers arrived to arrest the men, Bryant had 'taken ill' at the scene
    Bryant's condition was initially described as 'critical' and he died on Saturday
    A man was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and later released
    Bryant's friend said that he 'was beaten to death by the good people of Ashby
    Shane Bryant, 29, of Birmingham, and a friend, robbed a Co-Op store in Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Leicestershire,while wielding a golf club and baseball bat on Thursday night.

As the pair tried to flee the scene, a 24-year-old man restrained Bryant and the robber's accomplice mounted the pavement in his Audi in an unsuccessful attempt to free his friend.
    nice

A crowdfunding page has been set up for Shane by friend Serina Larvin who wrote on the site: 'As you all no a much loved friend of our community got taken away in unexpected circumstances....
    apparently raised £1340 so far.

Slightly sad he died but going armed with a baseball bat sort of takes the edge off my sympathy.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Stolen from shop £1340 perhaps ?

Comment

In other news these are definitely going to sue the Met http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40624453

Shame as this is true - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7843336.html
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Was the club a wood or an iron?

We should be told.
        Does this mean that it's likely that he has robbed a sports shop at some point.

Comment

Shame as this is true
          Met officer in that linky sounds sensible. Criminals need to take responsibility for their own actions and their safety cannot be put above that of their victims.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

nice

Slightly sad he died but going armed with a baseball bat sort of takes the edge off my sympathy.
            I'm always surprised at the amount of stupid people there are. All this crap about he wasn't a bad lad, or he was nice at school crap.

He was a very bad man. Got what he deserved.

Comment

The town is actually called Ashby-de-la-Zouch, but the Mail were worried their readership would have a collective coronary at the thought of an English town having such a foreign-sounding name

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

nice

And he's built like a brick tuliphouse. Hardly surprising they had to give him a whack or two. I'm not sure anyone in the vicinity would have been safe if he'd got up and started throwing punches. Some community hero awards should be handed around, but other than that, NFA.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Typical. We had some young scrote on Hayling Island a few years ago who stole a car, crashed it, killed himself luckily. When I said he had got what he deserved, some pratt told me "I should watch my mouth".

Nope. He was a criminal.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
                    Typical. We had some young scrote on Hayling Island a few years ago who stole a car, crashed it, killed himself luckily. When I said he had got what he deserved, some pratt told me "I should watch my mouth".

Nope. He was a criminal.
                    Next time come over all hippy-like and say "Karma".
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X