+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 54
  1. #11

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    26,297
    Thanks (Given)
    1133
    Thanks (Received)
    934
    Likes (Given)
    4256
    Likes (Received)
    3768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    They would not be allowed to board transport going to UK since they don't have UK visa...
    Next he will be saying they can come via Ireland...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  2. #12

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere - scorchio!

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    17,190
    Thanks (Given)
    187
    Thanks (Received)
    712
    Likes (Given)
    1195
    Likes (Received)
    2548

    Default

    Interesting how vetran goes from a post crowing gleefully about difficulties in the EU...
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    ...(Italy plan possibly to send migrants north, as EU fails to provide enough help)...

    Good to see the EU is in control

    To trying to defend his post by saying it's awfully worrying for Britain.

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    this bit is telling.

    Also you know there are camps by Calais & Gare de Nord filled with economic migrants that have crossed the EU and are willing to throw themselves onto lorries to get here.

    Also once the tulip hits the fan the EU will be only too happy to bend the rules to save themselves.
    A tad disingenuous.
    You won. Get over it.

    --drunk on abuse of power--

  3. #13

    Banned

    excon is a permanent contractor


    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    93
    Thanks (Given)
    3
    Thanks (Received)
    10
    Likes (Given)
    19
    Likes (Received)
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I am sure that the huge mass of economic refugees that arrive at the channel ports will bear in mind that we are not in fact part of the Schengen agreement and act accordingly.


    Exactly, you have to wonder what planet some posters are on. As a migrant who has just crossed the Sahara and dropped a couple of grand on a ticket for a boat across the Med are you going to give a t0ss about visas and Schengen agreements? The EU is very much their oyster, they will never be deported and no doubt will gain EU citizenship at some point.
    Last edited by excon; 16th July 2017 at 07:56.

  4. #14

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    26,297
    Thanks (Given)
    1133
    Thanks (Received)
    934
    Likes (Given)
    4256
    Likes (Received)
    3768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Exactly, you have to wonder what planet some posters are on. As a migrant who has just crossed the Sahara and dropped a couple of grand on a ticket for a boat across the Med are you going to give a t0ss about visas and Schengen agreements? The EU is very much their oyster, they will never be deported and no doubt will gain EU citizenship at some point.
    Not necessarily.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  5. #15

    I live on CUK

    vetran is always on top

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    26,367
    Thanks (Given)
    727
    Thanks (Received)
    2524
    Likes (Given)
    6327
    Likes (Received)
    5243

    Default

    The point is if they have a right to be in France via a visa the French cannot deport them (they refused 74% of asylum applicants) they just wait for the right lorry to stow away on.

    They know how to use the visa system, if they can get one person here with rights to remain then they can use the "Family reunion visa".

    Why Do Calais Migrants Want To Come To Britain? And Why Don’t Refugees Stay In France? | HuffPost UK
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  6. #16

    I live on CUK

    vetran is always on top

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    26,367
    Thanks (Given)
    727
    Thanks (Received)
    2524
    Likes (Given)
    6327
    Likes (Received)
    5243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Interesting how vetran goes from a post crowing gleefully about difficulties in the EU...


    To trying to defend his post by saying it's awfully worrying for Britain.



    A tad disingenuous.
    No need to defend, the facts speak for themselves, Italy is in crisis and its neighbours are letting it burn.

    what assistance did the EU give? do please link to news reports that prove your assertions.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ips-from-libya

    Why is it not worrying for the UK, the EU is currently taking EU members to court because they refuse to take their centrally allocated quota. Its like Soviet Russia setting production targets. 1600 tractors this week comrade or you go to the labour camp.

    If they get to France many will attempt to get to the UK. That's why the Calais camps exist and has done for decades, they aren't run by Thompsons - French holidays for economic migrants.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  7. #17

    キツネの帽子をかぶる

    WTFH is a fount of knowledge

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,866
    Thanks (Given)
    8
    Thanks (Received)
    1036
    Likes (Given)
    873
    Likes (Received)
    3103

    Default

    ...and we got back to the alt-facts, alt-right attitude that 90% of those coming from the Middle East and Africa are doing so as "economic migrants" and the other 10% are terrorists.
    Is the alt-right claiming that everything is peaceful in those countries and absolutely none of the people leaving them are doing so because they are fleeing fighting?
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  8. #18

    I live on CUK

    vetran is always on top

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    26,367
    Thanks (Given)
    727
    Thanks (Received)
    2524
    Likes (Given)
    6327
    Likes (Received)
    5243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    ...and we got back to the alt-facts, alt-right attitude that 90% of those coming from the Middle East and Africa are doing so as "economic migrants" and the other 10% are terrorists.
    Is the alt-right claiming that everything is peaceful in those countries and absolutely none of the people leaving them are doing so because they are fleeing fighting?
    Yes that well known extremist organisation known as the UNHCR

    UNHCRÂ*- Insecurity, economic crisis, abuse and exploitation in Libya push refugees and migrants to Europe, new study reveals.

    Whilst wrapping themselves in their swastikas and brushing their pencil moustache they actually commissioned a report imagine that facts from an impeccable source?

    Whilst the other 10% may not be terrorist (probably more like 0.001% I guess but you don't need many) according to this report a large percentage are economic migrants.

    http://www.altaiconsulting.com/wp-co...nal-Report.pdf


    The economic situation / lack of job opportunities was by the most frequent factor or driver cited by
    respondents (66% of them mentioned either the lack of job opportunities, the economic situation or
    both). Out of 140 respondents, 99 were from refugee-producing countries,106 of whom 76 included “lack
    of job opportunities” or “economic situation” as push factors. This concurs with the results of previous
    research.

    Now if you actually cared you would realise fixing their source countries is far better than allowing uncontrolled migration with the risk of death, abuse & funding organised crime.

    From where I sit people watching abundant evidence people are either stupid or more concerned with proving their credentials by encouraging this migration.

    We know the issues uncontrolled immigration has caused in the UK, we don't need more. We do however have a duty to try to help less fortunate countries, just not by buying their rulers new BMWs.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  9. #19

    Godlike

    Paddy - scorchio!

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,529
    Thanks (Given)
    62
    Thanks (Received)
    155
    Likes (Given)
    276
    Likes (Received)
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    ...and we got back to the alt-facts, alt-right attitude that 90% of those coming from the Middle East and Africa are doing so as "economic migrants" and the other 10% are terrorists.
    Is the alt-right claiming that everything is peaceful in those countries and absolutely none of the people leaving them are doing so because they are fleeing fighting?
    Which is ironic since those very newspapers that are making up stories, and distorting the facts about migrants and refugees are the same newspapers that were applauding the government’s actions in bombing North Africa , Libya Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan being the main cause of the migration crisis.

    Let’s get back to facts. Successive UK governments from the 50s until now have actively encouraged immigration to the UK. It is not an EU issue. If we hadn’t been in the EU, we would still have had boat loads of Caribbean , African and Indian immigrants to make up the shortfall of the workforce.
    Brexitentropy...

  10. #20
    AtW
    AtW is offline

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW - scorchio!

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,230
    Thanks (Given)
    1011
    Thanks (Received)
    583
    Likes (Given)
    6283
    Likes (Received)
    2206

    Default

    So how exactly Brexit will help UK stop migrants in lorries?

    Everybody in EU will have even bigger incentive to give visas on condition immigrants cross EU into UK.

    Only way I can see this would work is if Britain gets so much poorer that immigrants would prefer to go back to war torn Syria
    Last edited by AtW; 16th July 2017 at 11:51.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.