• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why the EU love in?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Right but it takes a bit longer than a few days to figure out who is a genuine refugee, doesn't it.

You have a boat with a thousand refugees, you can't just take them back to North Africa and dump them on a beach somewhere, or are you suggesting that you just let them starve to death or drown.

....and no it would be impossible to patrol the entire North African coast. These things have pondered over, they're not thick.

Most refugees are actually in camps in North Africa or there would be ten times as many.

What I find interesting is that poor countries such as Pakistan have have millions of refugees and you don't hear anyone complaining like they do in the UK when a handful appear in their village.
    Yes

You

Can

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Oi masterbates where is my answer?
      What you mean that they'll issue citizenship in the hope that they'll leave to live in Britain.

Why doesn't Britain offer instant citizenships to their refugees so they'll bugger off into the EU.

It takes years to attain residency as a refugee let alone citizenship in any EU country, most of them will never get it. First of all they need to go through endless court cases to become a recognised refugee that takes years, then they have to become an accepted resident which takes years after that.

This argument is such typical "Daily Express" nonsense

Reading arguments like this makes me realise that the Daily Express has a lot to answer for.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Wtf has that got to do with anything? It was a European conflict (some would say war) and the EU held some meetings, and that was about it. Either the EU is a globally important and influential organisation which can intervene positively in conflicts on its doorstep, or it isn't and it can't. You seem to be demonstrating the latter is true, and I wouldn't disagree with you.
        Alternatively, are you suggesting that we have the EU to thank for the fact that we aren't at war with, say, France? Since it is impossible to prove a negative in this instance, I'm calling that out as "bollocks", to use the technical terminology.
        If we were to hypothetically declare war on the French, you can be damned sure the UN and NATO would have it all sorted out before the Commissars in Brussels had finished their lunch.
        The reason it has got to do with it is because they weren't.

So no one can prove either way whether war has been stopped by the EU or not.

Though there is nothing wrong in making Germans feel guilty about their history....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
          I find some of the insults thrown here on both sides degrading and pointless and one of the reasons for not getting involved. Mostly its a playground (I know it's general) full of immature responses to immature point scoring loaded questions on both sides. There has been no serious debate where arguments are countered and thought through, .
          +1
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Right but it takes a bit longer than a few days to figure out who is a genuine refugee, doesn't it.

You have a boat with a thousand refugees, you can't just take them back to North Africa and dump them on a beach somewhere, or are you suggesting that you just let them starve to death or drown.

....and no it would be impossible to patrol the entire North African coast. These things have pondered over, they're not thick.

Most refugees are actually in camps in North Africa or there would be ten times as many.

What I find interesting is that poor countries such as Pakistan have have millions of refugees and you don't hear anyone complaining like they do in the UK when a handful appear in their village.
            Dumping them back on a beach is the bare minimum that should happen, hopefully they will tell their friends and that will prevent more attempting the crossing.

We also need to investigate the funding of NGOs and why they are currently parked about 12 miles of the Libyan coast waiting for next people smugglers boat to ferry the migrants to Italy.

Not only will this prevent people drowning it will stop lining the pockets of the likes of the mafia. It will also prevent people pushing their own "no borders" agenda by the back door which I notice no electorate in the EU actually voted for.

Rather than knee jerk emoting about these issues we need to look at cold hard facts and act accordingly to save lives both side of the Med.

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
              Rather than knee jerk emoting about these issues we need to look at cold hard facts and act accordingly to save lives both side of the Med.
              I'll agree with you on this sentence, but I'm sure there was someone on here he started off this thread with some "knee jerk emoting", perhaps if you can sort yourself out first rather than making emotive claims about people who have a different opinion to you.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What you mean that they'll issue citizenship in the hope that they'll leave to live in Britain.

Why doesn't Britain offer instant citizenships to their refugees so they'll bugger off into the EU.

It takes years to attain residency as a refugee let alone citizenship in any EU country, most of them will never get it. First of all they need to go through endless court cases to become a recognised refugee that takes years, then they have to become an accepted resident which takes years after that.

This argument is such typical "Daily Express" nonsense

Reading arguments like this makes me realise that the Daily Express has a lot to answer for.

OK so all these migrants will not become eu citizens then?

So why are they not deported as illegal aliens?

Comment

Now we know what original PM, excon and all the others are doing for their holiday, a bit of voluntary work: Far-Right group sends ship to Mediterranean to confront 'criminal' rescue vessels and block migrants
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    I'll agree with you on this sentence, but I'm sure there was someone on here he started off this thread with some "knee jerk emoting", perhaps if you can sort yourself out first rather than making emotive claims about people who have a different opinion to you.
                    I've read this forum off and on for many years, I'm calling it how I see it. You in fairness put up facts as to why you personally think the EU is a good thing. As I replied I think most of them are wrong and far out weighed by the negatives.

Many do not work with facts, they denigrate those with other opinions. Not all leavers are mouth breathing morons too stupid to make complicated decisions such as membership of the EU despite what the BBC and Guardian would have you believe.

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
                      It is a political project to create the United States of Europe but has become in effect the greater German reich. It has lost all control of it's borders and is so hell bent on political union it has persisted with a failing currency that has impoverished Southern Europe. The EU army is real and the EU clearly has ambitions to expand its influence potentially in conflict with Russia.

If we had voted remain in my opinion this would have been a green light for further integration, the Euro, the end of the rebate and a porous border with the very real possibility of war with Russia in the future.

Did I want to risk that for the possibility of working in France or Germany? No.
                      You were doing quite well till you came out with this complete crud.

"The greater German Reich"? Really? Have you read what the 3rd Reich really was like and what it did?
                      Comparing modern Germany with that just makes you look like an idiot, to put it mildly.
                      A country which Trump berates for not spending 2% on military expenditure, that has strict constitutional laws on military engagement.
                      Germany gets it in the neck if spends on the military or doesn't.

"Impoverished Southern Europe"? Really? Do you know what Southern Europe was like before the EU? Poor as a church mouse doesn't even come close.
                      Plus I love the fact that you guys ignore the Great Recession which was caused by US and UK packaging dodgy mortgages, in case you'd forgotten.
                      The Southern countries can always leave. Why do you think they don't? Because for all its flaws the EU has been a good thing for them.
                      Although I agree the Euro was a project done too soon.

"green light for further integration"? Bollux. It was going to be inscribed in EU law that we were not to be included in further poltical integration - an associate member in perpuity if you like. No chance of us joing the Euro. If any of that became an issue THAT would be the point at which it was right to leave.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X