• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why the EU love in?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    When the UK leaves the EU they can still turn up to the UK border, with exactly the same rights as they had before. In any case it looks like France is going to move the UK border in Calais back to the UK, so they will be flooding into the UK. An illegal immigrant or asylum seeker won't care about the Brexit negotiations.

I think your missing the point, this is something the EU need to fix and fast before it ends the EU. I used to think the Euro would kill the EU off, now I'm thinking it will just be people turning up.

'Millions of Africans' will flood Europe unless it acts now, warns European chief, as Paris evacuates huge migrant camp

From Antonio Tajani, president of the European Parliament:

In an interview with Il Messagero newspaper, Mr Tajani said there would be an exodus "of biblical proportions that would be impossible to stop if we don't confront the problem now".

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
      I think your missing the point, this is something the EU need to fix and fast before it ends the EU. I used to think the Euro would kill the EU off, now I'm thinking it will just be people turning up.

'Millions of Africans' will flood Europe unless it acts now, warns European chief, as Paris evacuates huge migrant camp

In an interview with Il Messagero newspaper, Mr Tajani said there would be an exodus "of biblical proportions that would be impossible to stop if we don't confront the problem now".
      and if the EU breaks up they'll still come flooding over, so it isn't going to solve the problem ist it.

It's a bit like saying if Hitler reappears you'll solve the problem simply by leaving the EU.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

and if the EU breaks up they'll still come flooding over, so it isn't going to solve the problem ist it.

It's a bit like saying if Hitler reappears you'll solve the problem simply by leaving the EU.

There is absolutely no reason why that should be the case, we can have as strong or as weak borders as we choose to. Just because various NGOs are laying on a taxi service for economic migrants from Libya to Italy doesn't mean we have to copy that model.

Comment

There is absolutely no reason why that should be the case, we can have as strong or as weak borders as we choose to. Just because various NGOs are laying on a taxi service for economic migrants from Libya to Italy doesn't mean we have to copy that model.
          The point is regardless of whether the EU exists or there are separate countries there are wars on the other side of the mediterranean and a lot of North African refugees. Most of these refugees are actually in other North African countries.

Europe whether as separate countries or as the EU will have to tackle this problem.

Switzerland is also involved.

Switzerland accepts refugees from Greece
          Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 July 2017, 20:41.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

The point is regardless of whether the EU exists or there are separate countries there are wars on the other side of the mediterranean and a lot of North African refugees. Most of these refugees are actually in other North African countries.

Europe whether as separate countries or as the EU will have to tackle this problem.

Switzerland is also involved.

Switzerland accepts refugees from Greece
            These people are in almost all cases economic migrants not refugees and accepting them is causing the problem, not fixing it.

I must admit I'm surprised at the Swiss, I thought they had more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
              My point proven.

Dickwad.
              Yes, your contribution would carry a great deal more significance if anyone actually gave a fook what you think.

But we don't.

So jog on.

Dickwad

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

There was an interesting radio program on the BBC in the early 90s that predicted the unstoppable migration of millions from Africa because of the growing poverty gap. Governments failed to act then and they made it worse by intervention in North African countries led by the UK and USA.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

These people are in almost all cases economic migrants not refugees and accepting them is causing the problem, not fixing it.

everyone is leaving Switzerland & moving to Eire the tax evoidance is easier there.

Wait till we take over the mantle, UK tax haven to the Euro bizzes...
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Right but it takes a bit longer than a few days to figure out who is a genuine refugee, doesn't it.

You have a boat with a thousand refugees, you can't just take them back to North Africa and dump them on a beach somewhere, or are you suggesting that you just let them starve to death or drown.

....and no it would be impossible to patrol the entire North African coast. These things have pondered over, they're not thick.

Most refugees are actually in camps in North Africa or there would be ten times as many.

What I find interesting is that poor countries such as Pakistan have have millions of refugees and you don't hear anyone complaining like they do in the UK when a handful appear in their village.
                    Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 July 2017, 21:31.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      No we can't if they have gained eu citizenship in mainland Europe.
                      Oi masterbates where is my answer?

Comment

Working...
                      X