• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ladies and Gentlemen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladies and Gentlemen

Announcement is not gender neutral so being axed from London Underground.

https://mobile.twitter.com/itvnews/s...55170283712512
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

They should make it totally inclusive by mentioning all genders, races etc. etc. equally:

"Ladies, men, transgender, gays, lesbians, people of above average weight, people of Polish origin, Pakistani, Indian, Afro Caribbean.................."

"Oh hang on! the train already left ten minutes ago" "Lesbians, those of Chinese origin etc.............................................. we do apologise.

Naturally the list will be randomly sorted each time to ensure equality.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

"Comrades...."

Comment

I remember John Lennon on my live Beatles record saying "Hello People".

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Underground staff are now going to say "Hello everyone" instead.

Tube to change 'ladies and gentlemen' announcements - BBC News

Reminds me of Hi-De-Hi, as in "Hello campers, hi-di-hi!"

Most entertaining. It's a pity Bernard Manning is dead - he'd have a field day with this kind of tulip.

Comment

Political correctness reaches the next level of absurdity

Comment

It's not even like many people identify as neither gender - only a fraction of trans people. Has anyone asked if trans people find public announcements on trains to be distressing?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                It's not even like many people identify as neither gender - only a fraction of trans people. Has anyone asked if trans people find public announcements on trains to be distressing?
                Trans people are varied so you can't just one group of they identify as a binary gender or not.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Yes, that's what I said. Many trans people identify strongly as one gender... just not the one they were born with.

Not sure "they are varied" is a reason why they couldn't be asked what they think. It's rather the point of a survey.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm not sure it mattesr tbh, I can't understand what they announcing half the time anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X