• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sod productivity we beat the EU on steps!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sod productivity we beat the EU on steps!

World's laziest countries revealed by Stanford Uni study | Daily Mail Online

bunch of lazy bustards

Reminder don't post late at night

Picture & link for AssSnob for the full story so he can do some research before talking out of his orifice.
    Last edited by vetran; 13 July 2017, 11:25.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

What that's showing is that "activity inequality" is high in the UK i.e. the average is high because of the small number who exercise intensively while the vast majority vegetate. Hence why obesity rates are high here and even more in the US.
    I think a kind of normalisation of fatness has happened in the UK and US. Being fat is the the new normal for some.
    That's something I refuse to tolerate with anyone I know - I'm only a couple of pounds over my 18 year old weight and while it gets harder every year, I just ramp up the exercising.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Are stats gathered from smart phone use representative? People who carry their smart phones everywhere are often ambling along slowly looking at text messages, twitter etc. Those of us with ancient old £17 Tesco things we hardly ever use get a move on. Slow walkers are almost as irritating as *** cyclists!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I think a kind of normalisation of fatness has happened in the UK and US. Being fat is the the new normal for some.
        Does frustrate me how often I've been accused of being too skinny, despite my weight being bang in the middle of healthy BMI (yes I know BMI isn't perfect, but still).

Like so many things, standards shift over time. "Everything in moderation" seems to mean only one chocolate bar after each meal. "A varied diet" seems to mean fish and chips tonight, burger and chips tomorrow night.

Comment

I have a smartphone and use/used various pedometers.

The smartphone misses out a good proportion of my steps - anything from 2K to 10K daily as -
          1. I don't use it when I go for a run or other sport
          2. It don't take with me when I'm walking around the house or in the client's office going to places like the loo
          3. It doesn't always activate when I'm walking or cycling.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I have a smartphone and use/used various pedometers.

The smartphone misses out a good proportion of my steps - anything from 2K to 10K daily as -
            1. I don't use it when I go for a run or other sport
            2. It don't take with me when I'm walking around the house or in the client's office going to places like the loo
            3. It doesn't always activate when I'm walking or cycling.
            I used the Move app for a while, it halved the battery life.

Comment

Working...
            X