• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying Cash in Hand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't we just pay using a cheque? Goes into a bank account, doesn't require a card machine...

Or online banking... very easy.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
      Paid out of what? with rising zero hours contracts, pay freezes and unstable forms of employment growing? and what happens to people with chronic illnesses?

Nah. Clear off out of it.
      A satisfactory way would soon be found. The NHS is chronically and spectacularly inefficient, and before long especially with recent and anticipated medical advances there would be far better alternatives.

If you don't believe me, ask sasguru!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Has it ever occurred to you that if the NHS was privatized and people paid for their own health insurance, the state wouldn't need to worry about any of this nannying?

(except in extreme cases, a la gin crisis of the 18th century and the Defence of the Realm act limiting beer strengths and suchlike)
        I'm with you. Education and Health should be a preserve for the wealthy, also scrap the police, if you want protection/law and order, you should buy it yourself. Those that can't afford it should be locked up until they can.
        Remove pensions. No government support for pensions, and tax personal ones. When the military retire, they should not be given any support. Send them to the poorhouses.
        We've been living in the 20th and 21st centuries too long.
        Once all the sick and old are dead, we won't have the overpopulation problem, and then the country will be strong and rich again. We can start by selectively breeding good genes. Britain needs more blond haired, blue eyed, proper people, so we sterilise those who aren't genetically perfect, and then send them to camps where they can work for us.

Your ideas are really spot on. I'm surprised no one has thought of them before.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          Your local cash in hand builder still pays more tax than Starbucks or apple.
          Very true. I did a small study for a course. Apple paid zero corporation tax in 2012 during the time of the study. They had a number of product launches that year where people went crazy stood in large lines mandating large police protection, traffic diversion and so on. The cost of police, traffic, road safety were all paid for by the taxpayers. The corporation had zero risk and just massive profit. The total of all PAYE and NI paid for the staff barely had any excess (after deducting the percentage allocated for education, health, pension, defense, benefits etc)

I concluded by saying that perhaps companies should be asked to get a license and insurance in return for road safety and security. While they all hate the word *tax* they all love words *security and insurance*.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            I'm with you. Education and Health should be a preserve for the wealthy, also scrap the police, if you want protection/law and order, you should buy it yourself. Those that can't afford it should be locked up until they can.
            Remove pensions. No government support for pensions, and tax personal ones. When the military retire, they should not be given any support. Send them to the poorhouses.
            We've been living in the 20th and 21st centuries too long.
            Once all the sick and old are dead, we won't have the overpopulation problem, and then the country will be strong and rich again. We can start by selectively breeding good genes. Britain needs more blond haired, blue eyed, proper people, so we sterilise those who aren't genetically perfect, and then send them to camps where they can work for us.

Your ideas are really spot on. I'm surprised no one has thought of them before.
            Indeed that Hitler guy had some good ideas!!

Comment

Working...
            X