• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amazon prime day - anyone got any bargains?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon prime day - anyone got any bargains?

First thing I see is amazon echo £70 off.

I've got one - paid £150 grrrr. Its "OK" I suppose. Cool to use for music if you've got amazon music too.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

I've got one - paid £150 grrrr. Its "OK" I suppose. Cool to use for music if you've got amazon music too.
    Works well with spotify. My son is blind and he loves his. He uses it a lot - just to get quick answers that he'd normally have to get on his laptop to google. He also uses it for taxi bookings with uber
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Saw that but TBH don't really have a need for it - never seem to have background music on in the house

& yes it can control your lights but only if you get the over-priced light bulbs

I got some HDMI cables
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
        Saw that but TBH don't really have a need for it - never seem to have background music on in the house

& yes it can control your lights but only if you get the over-priced light bulbs

I got some HDMI cables
        You can get wifi enabled plugs and light switches.

But yep it's background music that we seem to use it for most and cooking timers.

Comment

Just bought one.

Comment

They are quite handy if you are doing something with them on in the background. I've got a couple of google home speakers in the flat. While I was decorating it was quite handy to have them on and be able to change tracks etc without having to touch them. They are handy as cooking timers and as alarms. As our kids have the Amazon ones and I have the google ones, I'd say the amazon one is slightly better at the moment. The voice recognition seems a bit better on the amazon one.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
              The voice recognition seems a bit better on the amazon one.
              Just don't ask it to play Digger Digger

Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                They are quite handy if you are doing something with them on in the background. I've got a couple of google home speakers in the flat. While I was decorating it was quite handy to have them on and be able to change tracks etc without having to touch them. They are handy as cooking timers and as alarms. As our kids have the Amazon ones and I have the google ones, I'd say the amazon one is slightly better at the moment. The voice recognition seems a bit better on the amazon one.
                Yeh its handy for music. The kids like it. As a speaker its pretty good.

To be honest, I forget to use it for things like googling i.e what time is x shop open until?

The shopping list thing is good but mostly dont bother.

Deffo worth getting one for the price today mind.

Comment

Not seen good deals yet... there's so much stuff it's hard to sort the real deals from fake ones.

I think I prefer the daily deals, especially with the mobile app.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Nest and Hive 40% off too. Might consider this. Our heating bill is massive - mrs leaves heating on and goes out etc. Might cut it down a bit.

Currently costs me £160 a month for gas/elec. Probably cheap for some of you that live in mansions but I've just got a "normal" new build 4 bed detached (Although with garage converted and conservatory added).

Comment

Working...
                    X