• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Racist Politician...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"an unknown person who is the cause of a problem, or is an obstacle to solving a problem"

On all accounts this is false. The Tories are the problem for this whole situation.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      She should have said 'immigrant' in the woodpile. Much more Daily Mail.
      What's the woodpile valued at damn it?!
      Last edited by scooterscot; 10 July 2017, 16:19.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        What's the woodpile valued at dam it?!
        *damn.

Comment

Political correctness gone mad. Even the word "woodpile" is now considered racist!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            *damn.
            danke dir

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              I've never heard of that expression, learn something new every day.
              I thought it was fairly well-known though obviously not commonly used these days... 25 years ago probably as I assume it was around when I was a kid that I know it.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Maybe she was trying to ingratiate herself wit the DUP?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Could be commonly used by her on a "casual" basis, so she slipped up.
                  That sounds exactly right to me. The phase is so outdated the only way it would 'slip out' is if it's part of your every language.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    Obviously means something bad, but I'm not googling it.
                    It means that there's something important in a situation that one side is not wanting to disclose.

It arose when the N word was commonly used as a term to describe a black person. It possibly came from the underground railroad, smuggling slaves into the non-slave states in railway wagons stacked with wood.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

It arose when the N word was commonly used as a term to describe a black person.
                      The N word is STILL commonly used as a term to describe black people. The only difference now being that it is only black people that are allowed to use it thus.

HTH
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X