• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SIPP contributions from company account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueb0y View Post
    Many thanks to all. My first post and I'm delighted with the quick and helpful responses. Thanks again everybody.
    Which is an absolute miracle bearing in mind where you posted it.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blueb0y View Post
      Many thanks to all. My first post and I'm delighted with the quick and helpful responses. Thanks again everybody.
      Just a tip - next time you post a serious thread in general you will be taken the p*ss out off.

In future post serious threads in the professional part of the forums.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Just a tip - next time you post a serious thread in general you will be taken the p*ss out off.

Yeah, WSES you cockwomble.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Mmm yep

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            There's now a test for that....

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Indeed. I think those who replied to OP on page 1 should be taken immediately for mental examination. Serious responses in "General" is a sign of trouble in the mind!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Yes, but you can only carry forward to match(or less) the salary you'll take in the present financial year.
                I'm doubtful about this, but happy to be proved wrong. Maybe you can provide a link?

I thought the impact of Net Relevant Earnings on the maximum contribution was only on employee contributions, and it had no impact on employer contributions. I haven't spotted anywhere that suggest that the NRE for the current year (or indeed previous ones) affects the ability to roll forward unused allowance.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                  Indeed. I think those who replied to OP on page 1 should be taken immediately for mental examination. Serious responses in "General" is a sign of trouble in the mind!
                  Ah, soz. Suspect I've just made your point for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
                    Ah, soz. Suspect I've just made your point for you.
                    I'll let you off just this once. But don't let it happen again! lolz

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
                      I'm doubtful about this, but happy to be proved wrong. Maybe you can provide a link?

I thought the impact of Net Relevant Earnings on the maximum contribution was only on employee contributions, and it had no impact on employer contributions. I haven't spotted anywhere that suggest that the NRE for the current year (or indeed previous ones) affects the ability to roll forward unused allowance.
                      Would have to work it out, but I would assume you could pay yourself up to a maximum salary (say £120x (ie 3 x £40k)) and then make the employees contribution & claim all of the tax back. I'd assume you'd have to Pay NICS, possibly employers NICS as well. Not sure as last time did it when I was employed.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X