• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gun hire in the US

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun hire in the US

Thinking of hiring a car in the US.

Trouble is I have a bad track record of keeping hold of my own car, let alone anyone elses.

Do you think hiring a gun to protect the car, whilst in the US, will help?

Thanks.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Unless you are used to using them - nope.

And even if you are you have a higher chance of shooting your family members than a car jacker.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Unless you are used to using them - nope.

And even if you are you have a higher chance of shooting your family members than a car jacker.
      So I guess that counts quackhandle out then
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

How to avoid getting shot when in the US during an altercation. Hands high, hand over everything make no protest make no direct eye contact. Sound wussy? It's meant to but you're more likely to walk away with your life intact.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

No point in hiring one, just buy one. Fewer background checks etc.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              How to avoid getting shot when in the US during an altercation. Hands high, hand over everything make no protest make no direct eye contact. Sound wussy? It's meant to but you're more likely to walk away with your life intact.
              Unless you're black and it's the police, at which point you may as well just point a gun at them. The result will be the same.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Sounds pretty rough stateside.

Maybe, I will just hire some help to look after my car instead, a gun for hire, if you like.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I used to work for an ex-para (very hard guy, had spent time fighting guerrillas in the jungles of Malaya and what have you) who went to Florida on holiday quite frequently. His wife thought that he must be really fond of one chap he knew there as the first thing he did on arriving was to visit him, and the last thing before going home he'd visit him again.

In fact, the bloke was lending him an automatic pistol for the duration of his stay. His wife had never twigged

Comment

Working...
                  X