• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Backwood parts of the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backwood parts of the UK

Fury as Gwynedd village to be left with no Welsh-speaking GP - Daily Post

Patients and local politicians are furious that a retiring Welsh-speaking GP won’t be replaced by another Welsh speaker.

So they would prioritize language over getting the best candidate? Lets be clear - there are less than 50 people in Wales who speak no American. Most Welsh admit privately they speak American unless there are English around.

Maybe they could get in Jones the Doctor to heal them with a daffodil and coal poultice.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Fury as Gwynedd village to be left with no Welsh-speaking GP - Daily Post

Patients and local politicians are furious that a retiring Welsh-speaking GP won’t be replaced by another Welsh speaker.

So they would prioritize language over getting the best candidate? Lets be clear - there are less than 50 people in Wales who speak no American. Most Welsh admit privately they speak American unless there are English around.

Maybe they could get in Jones the Doctor to heal them with a daffodil and coal poultice.
    American is not a language?

Or are you trying to be funny?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      American is not a language?

Or are you trying to be funny?
      The reason that "English" has become so widespread is because Americans use it. The UK influence has been going down since the titanic sunk.

Comment

Should this not be

Backward parts

Or Backwoods parts?

Backwood parts seems wrong.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Should this not be

Backward parts

Or Backwoods parts?

Its certainly the 4rse end of beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Should this not be

Backward parts

Or Backwoods parts?

Penygroes is both. It's not in complete tulip-kicker territory, but it's pretty damn close. Brillo is lucky he hasn't been burnt out by the sons of Glyndwr

Comment

BP I know you live in the scouse part lol but you must know they hardly speak English in these places like Penygroes.

To be fair, welsh is the language they use day to day there. Its possible that some of the people actually struggle with English a little. I dont think theres anyone in wales these days who doesn't speak english but for some it is definitely a 2nd language.

Caernarfon area definitely. I used to visit there for business trips years ago. I'd show up and they'd speak english to me. Then I'd sit in the office and they'd speak welsh all day. My welsh wasn't good enough to understand too much.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  My welsh wasn't good enough to understand too much.
                  Did you manage to pick out "Ti'n cont" though?

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    BP I know you live in the scouse part lol but you must know they hardly speak English in these places like Penygroes.

To be fair, welsh is the language they use day to day there. Its possible that some of the people actually struggle with English a little. I dont think theres anyone in wales these days who doesn't speak english but for some it is definitely a 2nd language.

Caernarfon area definitely. I used to visit there for business trips years ago. I'd show up and they'd speak english to me. Then I'd sit in the office and they'd speak welsh all day. My welsh wasn't good enough to understand too much.
                    That was because you were there.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                    X