• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car nicked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
    Of course it is a relevant time to learn a lesson. Are you stupid or something (that's a rethorical question BTW)?

Yes, they broke into the house looking for the keys for a car on the drive that was worth, what, £25,000 to £30,000? It's called advertising in other places.

Leave your flash car on the drive and advertise it to the local scrotes and thieves. You pays yer money and all that.
    Yes, stupid to some obviously

OK, but it looks like his area has real form.

Are you really suggesting sticking it in the garage would have helped given what he actually said below?

Yes, everyone should garage their cars, I'm just pointing out that in some areas that would make very little difference.

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

They blatantly came for it as nothing else was taken. People down the road said they put their keys on show so they take the car and no one gets harmed.

qh
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Of course it is a relevant time to learn a lesson. Are you stupid or something (that's a rethorical question BTW)?

Yes, they broke into the house looking for the keys for a car on the drive that was worth, what, £25,000 to £30,000? It's called advertising in other places.

Leave your flash car on the drive and advertise it to the local scrotes and thieves. You pays yer money and all that.
      Few points:
      1. How do you know the garage was big enough for the car? Lots aren't as modern cars even small ones are much bigger.
      2. You are presuming it is a one car household with sufficient garage space.
      3. You are presuming because he has a drive he has a garage.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I do have a garage and quite unusually it can fit a decent sized modern car.

Yes, I do feel stupid as I got a very nice and powerful car and I didn't do anything to protect it.

I thought my house security was okay until this happened.

Lesson well and truly learnt.

Mods, you can close this thread now.

qh
        Last edited by quackhandle; 7 August 2017, 12:30.
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Few points:
          1. How do you know the garage was big enough for the car? Lots aren't as modern cars even small ones are much bigger.
          2. You are presuming it is a one car household with sufficient garage space.
          3. You are presuming because he has a drive he has a garage.
          You seriously need to give your head a shake.

If you cant fit a motor worth between 24,000 and 30,000 in a garage, perhaps your priority might be a house where you can. Just a thought, pet.

If it's a two car household, put your most expensive car in the garage. Dont have a second expensive motor that needs to sleep on the drive.

For your third point, see my point 1!

Comment

You seriously need to give your head a shake.

If you cant fit a motor worth between 24,000 and 30,000 in a garage, perhaps your priority might be a house where you can. Just a thought, pet.

If it's a two car household, put your most expensive car in the garage. Dont have a second expensive motor that needs to sleep on the drive.

For your third point, see my point 1!
            My car is worth as much as one of my push bikes. There is no point getting a car that will be scratched in London supermarket parking spaces.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The using the garage for the car before the scrotes nicked it was a lesson I was fortunate enough to learn before it was too late. A neighbour who couldn't be bothered to clear out the garage and continued to leave his Golf GTI on the driveway overnight, after being warned about my near miss, was the next one to get broken into and the car stolen. I didn't need to do the 'I told you so' as he knew he'd been complacent and was gutted.

Problem is this was on a newish housing estate where the garage is typically used for storage as modern houses have sod all storage space inside, and a garden barely big enough for intended family usage never mind space to build sheds or extra storage space. So it's easy to fall into the trap of being easy pickings by scum who will break in to steal the keys to steal the car.

Tougher jail sentences and an effective police force may be what's missing but we are where we are. At least this isn't something they can blame on brexit.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                Mods, you can close this thread now.
                Please leave it open for a while so we can take the p1ss.

Until qh stops flicking vs should be long enough.....

Comment

No, that won't be stopping, regardless.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Yeah keep your chin up, V for Victory and all that.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Never ever ceases to amaze me the number of people who'll leave over 20 grands worth of car on the drive and have a garage full of crap worth about 2 and 6 pence.

Learn your lesson. Those who havent or wont, tough.
                      Yep. And girls who go out in short dresses deserve to be raped too.

Comment

Working...
                      X