• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car nicked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head over to pistonheads and ask there for advice. I'm sure someone there has had a similar issue...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Did you have gap insurance if so was it back to invoice price?
      I believe that insurance would have given you the 8k back as it returns you full invoice cost. ('future reference)

On biometric failsafes Mercedes put thumbprint starting on the S-Class for a very short period until some poor chauffeur in Asia lost a limb or part of it in a motor theft. Mercedes then
      Pulled the feature.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        In Brexit Britain they will torture you by shoving a trained squirrel down your trousers to get PIN.

HTH
        FTFY, ferrets will be too expensive.

Please bremoaners leaving a corrupt organisation that we have only been in for a few decades is not going to send us back to the stone age...
        Last edited by vetran; 27 July 2017, 20:48.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Going back 20 years, I had my car stolen twice. However, the fuel tank was on empty therefore both times the car was abandoned a short distance away.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Damn... that sucks. Sorry to hear it, man.

Comment

On another forum I have been following a thread about a Tesla Model X being totalled by another driver
              Not a cheap claim (about 80k) and £300 per day for a loaner Model X supplied by the accident management company Novo.
              The 3rd party was totally at fault but initially denied it.

Novo have done a good job of keeping the Tesla owner in a matching vehicle whist progressing the claim on behalf of the innocent party who was insured himself through direct line
              i.e he engaged Novo to act for him with both insurers.

to quote
              "Novo have actually moved things along much faster than my own insurance company, before they got involved all Directline had managed to do in 2 days was transport the car to a garage in Hinckley who didn't even know how to open the doors. Had Novo not got involved I suspect our X would still be sitting idle somewhere and the third party insurer denying all responsibility.

Novo has been pretty much giving me daily updates and chasing up both insurance companies."

There was the usual debate re settlement

This may of use to you quackhandle I assume same applies when a vehicle has been stolen + have you considered contact a firm like Novo for independent advice they may be willing to fight your insurer over your 8k loss.

"
              From honest john's site about write offs:

DAMAGE TO YOUR CAR: What are your rights if someone damages your car in an accident and their insurer attempts to write it off, compensating you with a derisory amount and refusing to keep you on the road in the meantime?

If the other party is judged to be wholly and negligently responsible for the damage than you are entitled to be put back where you were immediately before they did you the damage.

That means for your car to be repaired or replaced so it is of exactly the same quality as it was before the other party did you the damage. Or you are financially compensated to the replacement 'market value' of your car before it was damaged.

It also means you are entitled to an equivalent temporary replacement car either until your car is repaired or you receive a settlement figure allowing you to purchase a direct replacement.

The relevant case law is Clarke v/s Ardington in the Appeal Court, 19th April 2002, in which their Lordships said:

Sect 127 "A defendant who damages another's car should not be surprised to find that he will have to pay for a replacement car if it is needed by the claimant. A wrongdoer must take his victim as he finds him."

Sect. 148 "the fundamental principle is that a person whose car has been damaged is entitled to compensation for the loss caused. In a case where such loss includes loss of use and he establishes a need for a replacement, he is entitled to the cost of hiring a replacement car"
              So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
                This may of use to you quackhandle I assume same applies when a vehicle has been stolen + have you considered contact a firm like Novo for independent advice they may be willing to fight your insurer over your 8k loss.
                Thank you.

It is a good job I mentioned my older car was part of the deal as I think the buggers were hoping I didn't mention it; no wonder they were happy to pay the finance company in full!

So now they've offered 5.5k (which IMHO is 2K less), so they are saying I've over paid for the car (they were happy to insure it for me, after I'd told them the value). They said you didn't have gap insurance, but I said that is irrelevant as I only had the car for two months. Only 500 extra miles on it when it was stolen, it was in pristine condition.

Now the fight begins.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                  Thank you.

It is a good job I mentioned my older car was part of the deal as I think the buggers were hoping I didn't mention it; no wonder they were happy to pay the finance company in full!

So now they've offered 5.5k (which IMHO is 2K less), so they are saying I've over paid for the car (they were happy to insure it for me, after I'd told them the value). They said you didn't have gap insurance, but I said that is irrelevant as I only had the car for two months. Only 500 extra miles on it when it was stolen, it was in pristine condition.

Now the fight begins.

qh
                  Get in there.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                    Thank you.

Now the fight begins.

qh
                    Do you have any legal insurance (e.g. as part of your car insurance, AA/RAC membership, packaged bank acct etc?)
                    Now would be a very good time to call upon it if you do.

Good luck (you'll need it...)
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Still negotiating with Insurance company however I was reading on another forum (yes eek, it was pistonheads ) where this guy had smashed his Ferrari.

Anywho, someone posted that the purpose of Insurance is to put you back in the position you were in before the incident. My question was why didn't the insurance company offer to replace my car, like-for-like (or as close as possible) and then I continue to make the payments on it to finance company.

Or this isn't possible since it is PCP type arrangement?

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X