• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car nicked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Nah do it right, it locks them in then gasses them. Abroad that would be a lethal gas but here we'll have to settle for putting them to sleep until the rozzers turn up.

I'd buy that for a dollar.
    Yes Flash Gordon stylee! Queen music comes on the radio. Orange sky, all that pallava.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      My idea now is to have some fake set of car keys left out but when they get in the car it immediately locks them in it without it starting.
      This guy got a Ferrari

Comment

Tell you what its a different world. Where I live you hear of these things but its more like an urban myth....

Mrs regularly forgets to lock the front door all day, or overnight. Or the back door is unlocked. Shes even gone out once or twice and left the front door wide open. Never any problems.

If Im home I dont bother to lock the car on the driveway. (I do overnight).

A few of the neighbours take the piss because one of my neighbours religiously sticks a crook lock on his steering wheel. Everyone looks at his weird for being paranoid.....

Yes I live in wales but near one of the cities.....
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Tell you what its a different world. Where I live you hear of these things but its more like an urban myth....

Mrs regularly forgets to lock the front door all day, or overnight. Or the back door is unlocked. Shes even gone out once or twice and left the front door wide open. Never any problems.

If Im home I dont bother to lock the car on the driveway. (I do overnight).

A few of the neighbours take the piss because one of my neighbours religiously sticks a crook lock on his steering wheel. Everyone looks at his weird for being paranoid.....

Yes I live in wales but near one of the cities.....
          he has a proper Mondeo not a Trabant like you
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Sorry to hear your car was nicked :-( I am lucky to have never had that (one of the virtues of owning a Prius).

My car has done 175k miles and has duct tape on it in key places, even if they wanted to steal it it is parked in a shared car park so it is not obvious who's car is who's. However, in case they do break in I leave the keys downstairs. I have young children I need to keep safe, thieves can take the car if they are that desperate. I do not want to get knifed over it or go to prison for sending some 16 year scum bag head first through a wall.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              Sorry to hear your car was nicked :-( I am lucky to have never had that (one of the virtues of owning a Prius).

My car has done 175k miles and has duct tape on it in key places, even if they wanted to steal it it is parked in a shared car park so it is not obvious who's car is who's. However, in case they do break in I leave the keys downstairs. I have young children I need to keep safe, thieves can take the car if they are that desperate. I do not want to get knifed over it or go to prison for sending some 16 year scum bag head first through a wall.
              Actually you are allowed to use "reasonable force" against someone who enters your home if you feel under threat. So as long as you injure them while facing them and you haven't randomly got your gun out then are OK. If you injure them while they are fleeing then you will get done.

I know from having an attempted burglary by a druggie and one of my siblings having a drunk trying to break in, then talking to the police most scrotes flee if you scream and shout as they don't want a prison sentence or a longer one in the case of the druggie.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Actually you are allowed to use "reasonable force" against someone who enters your home if you feel under threat. So as long as you injure them while facing them and you haven't randomly got your gun out then are OK. If you injure them while they are fleeing then you will get done.

I know from having an attempted burglary by a druggie and one of my siblings having a drunk trying to break in, then talking to the police most scrotes flee if you scream and shout as they don't want a prison sentence or a longer one in the case of the druggie.
                Used to know an old fella who frequented the local leisure centre sauna I went to. Lovely guy, ex-army - used to be a boxer too. In his 80s.

Left the sauna one night. Got to his car. No lights in the car park. Three scrotes breaking into his car. They fronted up - so he chinned one of them and the other two legged. Broke this young scrotes nose.

Police arrested him for assault. Took it all the way to court but he did get off. But still... Nuts.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Regarding violence against scrotes, I'm usually a very mild mannered sort of chap, but I still remember my boxing instructor telling me when I was 18:
                  "Try to never use violence but if you have to make it count".
                  A few years later some druggy scrote tried to mug me in Camden, so I punched him as hard as I could in the side of his head and ran away as fast as I could. Looking back I could see the guy crumpled on the ground. For weeks afterwards I looked at the papers, terrified I had killed somebody. Never did find out what happened.
                  Now I think I would just hand over my cash.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Used to know an old fella who frequented the local leisure centre sauna I went to. Lovely guy, ex-army - used to be a boxer too. In his 80s.

Left the sauna one night. Got to his car. No lights in the car park. Three scrotes breaking into his car. They fronted up - so he chinned one of them and the other two legged. Broke this young scrotes nose.

Police arrested him for assault. Took it all the way to court but he did get off. But still... Nuts.
                    Cases like that is why they don't bother anymore.

I know some guy was stabbed and died in London for trying to break into a house at night by the householder. The guy was drunk and the CPS didn't bother prosecuting. The only reason my sibling didn't injure the guy was because it dawned on them it was a neighbour.

In my case the druggie got trapped and caught by the police. The police couldn't see the barbed wire used to block up a space in the fence as it also had a plant with nice thorns on it growing there.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Actually you are allowed to use "reasonable force" against someone who enters your home if you feel under threat. So as long as you injure them while facing them and you haven't randomly got your gun out then are OK.
                      Yes, I agree that that is the theory but if I sense my children are in danger and start fighting in the heat of the moment will I be able to convince a jury I only used reasonable force?

If there are two of them and I put one down and stamp on his head so he won't get up whilst I deal with the other one who might have a knife some people might understand that as reasonable and some might not.

Suddenly I am in the dock and described by some as a "14 stone expert martial artist and medieval fantasist who, in a blind rage, badly injured a 16 year old boy who was lying on the floor trying to cover his head whilst his friend desperately tried to restrain me" and by others as "a middle aged computer programmer who understandably panicked, fearing for the lives of his children after finding two burglars in their bedroom room in the middle of the night"

I don't fancy having my life swinging in the balance.

I have also read this. Apparently the most effective thing you can do is to make a lot of loud noise. Scream, shout, put the stereo on full volume, sound aggresive and make it seem like there are more people that there are with you. I was advised to shout things like "Dave, there's a burglar downstairs. Get Rob and lets kill the F*****G C**T!!!!" and stamp as much as possible to make it seem like there were several people running around upstairs.

Burglars generally do not want to risk an unknown fight with the police en route.
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X