• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car nicked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Maybe I should get a full electric car, can't see that being that desirable to be nicked.

Least you could put APB's on all the local electric charging places (not that many near me).

qh
    If it does get nicked, you'll only have to walk to the end of the road to find it...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      If it does get nicked, you'll only have to walk to the end of the road to find it...
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

My parents have had two attempted car thefts in a similar vein.

The first time they tried to break in through a top window and were disturbed.

The second time my Mum had a replacement car whilst her one was in for repair via the insurance. The silly bu66ers jemmied the back gate lock only failing to get past the gate itself because they must have pulled it when they need to push. I have a sneaky feeling that there was someone on the insurance firm or replacement car firm suppling info as it was the first night she had the car.

Comment

Sorry to hear. Hope you find them and get medieval on their posteriors.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Or maybe not, mine does have a seriously bright set of Blue flashing lights on it that light up the entire drive at night when charging so if it was plugged in and they were off it either isn't charger or is fully charged, their call on that one I guess.

Anyway I also recommend one these on the basis you don't want to tell people you have dogs with sharp teeth.
            Mind you I have never heard one of our Chickens bark yet

On a very very slightly more serious note we also keep Geese they are seriously good alarms I have used them to police the stable block for donkeys years and will honk and often charge most threats including foxes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6o4yQOsfr4

Plus before they break (or you eat them) you can grow new ones

They help with the weeding

and can even round up small ponies

Last edited by DallasDad; 11 July 2017, 08:09. Reason: Added food value
            So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
              On a very very slightly more serious note we also keep Geese they are seriously good alarms I have used them to police the stable block for donkeys years and will honk and often charge most threats including foxes
              +1
              Best alarm system nature has ever designed. Even the Romans used them, according to legend.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by DallasDad View Post

Plus before they break (or you eat them) you can grow new ones

They help with the weeding

and can even round up small ponies

Where where you when I was asking about geese last year?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I remember when the IRA used to put bombs underneath cars, waiting for the first person to step into them and turn on the ignition.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                    I remember when the IRA used to put bombs underneath cars, waiting for the first person to step into them and turn on the ignition.
                    Certainly a deterrent.

My idea now is to have some fake set of car keys left out but when they get in the car it immediately locks them in it without it starting.

Got to be worth a punt on that kickstarter thing, who's with me?

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                      Certainly a deterrent.

My idea now is to have some fake set of car keys left out but when they get in the car it immediately locks them in it without it starting.

Got to be worth a punt on that kickstarter thing, who's with me?

qh

Nah do it right, it locks them in then gasses them. Abroad that would be a lethal gas but here we'll have to settle for putting them to sleep until the rozzers turn up.

I'd buy that for a dollar.
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X