• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What new taxes should be introduced in Wales?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What new taxes should be introduced in Wales?

Wales taxes: Public called on for revenue raising ideas - BBC News

I hope anything involving sheep will be rejected.

Scouse caravan levy would be a good move.

Comment

Tax on the letter 'L'.

Comment

Charge people who enter Wales via the Seven Bridge, but not going the other way. Oh, hang on...

Comment

Extraordinary VAT on Irish Prostitutes. Saboteurs of the People Tax. Squirrel Abatement and Control Surcharge. Scottish Independence Tax. Walter Mitty IT Contractors Duty. Incompetence in the Application of SAS Levy.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Extraordinary VAT on Irish Prostitutes. Saboteurs of the People Tax. Squirrel Abatement and Control Surcharge. Scottish Independence Tax. Walter Mitty IT Contractors Duty. Incompetence in the Application of SAS Levy.
            Use it to pay Wales's share of the EU bar bill.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Use it to pay Wales's share of the EU bar bill.
              Wales is a cheap date.

Comment

Some of the best beaches in the world in Rhyl and Prestatyn. Yet the towns are awful. The councils have alot to answer for.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I was going to post something similar but more explicit
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

You'd only make sure that instead of being paid in sheep, you were loaned sheep nominally working in the film industry from a Trust in the Dutch Antilles.

Comment

Working...
                    X