• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's Darwin award goes to

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Darwin award goes to

US woman shoots boyfriend in YouTube stunt - BBC News

Monalisa Perez, 19, was booked into county jail after shooting at Pedro Ruiz as he held a book to his chest, believing it would stop the bullet.

The couple's three-year-old child and nearly 30 onlookers watched as she fired the fatal bullet into his chest.

Ruiz's aunt said they did it to increase their social media following.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

The world is probably a safer place now
      Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

What was the book - the origin of species?
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          What was the book - the origin of species?
          If only he had used the book of sasguru's cretinous CUK posts. That can deflect an ICBM.

Comment

I was about to create a thread on this but you beat me to it by about 100 mins - I should get up earlier

Unbelievable isn't it...

Desert Eagle .50 1
            Hardback Encylopedia 0

Do what thou wilt

Comment

The old man is looking to raise his social media following.

Comment

The poor sod cannot even have a Darwin. The pair already had a child and she is expecting a second with him

utter catastrophe

Comment

Feel sorry for their kid (3 year old so likely will remember it) witnessing that.

Unbelievable stupidity. Desert Eagle at 30 cm range using a hardback book as protection, not even a telephone directory or something proper thick (like the muppets that did it).

Reminded me of a classic from the late great Bill Hicks, to paraphrase "Why do people taking drugs who think they can fly try to do it from the top of a building? Try from the ground first you idiots.". First thought was why they didn't at least test the book could stop a bullet at that range from that gun.

Oh well, she got the publicity they craved.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Thought this thread might be about that poor British cow on a bungee jump in Spain.

When the guy running it said "no jump", as he hadn't yet secured the cord, she thought he had said "now jump" ...

A good safety measure in future would be to tie the cord to the jumper last, only after everything else is secure!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X