• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A new low for ISIS (disturbing)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Tedious twaddle deleted

Yes but we are now enlightened, I m not sure how you in good conscience compare a court sanctioned execution with feeding a mum her baby, raping 7 year olds, setting fire to people or throwing gays off a car park.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      It might well be propaganda. It might be true. Impossible to tell. Focus on those atrocities (many) that are well documented - .
      Such as SB's birth certificate... tragic moment in history right there.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Yes but we are now enlightened, I m not sure how you in good conscience compare a court sanctioned execution with feeding a mum her baby, raping 7 year olds, setting fire to people or throwing gays off a car park.
        I don't and I didn't.

It as just an inneresting vignette I thought I'd share with the board.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Such as SB's birth certificate... tragic moment in history right there.
          At least I have one. You just came with a 3-month warranty.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Just imagine if Sas had been reading about the Holocaust in the Mail. Ain't true he'd say, it's in the Mail. Blind eye.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Just imagine if Sas had been reading about the Holocaust in the Mail. Ain't true he'd say, it's in the Mail. Blind eye.
              Although ironically:

'The way stateless Jews from Germany are pouring in from every port of this country is becoming an outrage . . .' In these words, Mr Herbert Metcalfe, the Old Street magistrate, yesterday referred to the number of aliens entering the country through the 'back door' - a problem to which the Daily Mail has repeatedly pointed.

Daily Mail, August 20, 1938

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                A few years ago, I went on a rather ghoulish ghost walk in St Peter Port, Guernsey.

I don't really remember much about the supposed hauntings of the various places that we took in on our tour, what really stuck in the mind were the grisly details of the punishments that used to be meted out not really that long ago.

I can't remember which punishment matched which crime but a couple of the highlights included making somebody "grin from ear to ear" in which the victim had both his cheeks slashed open. The details of some of the instruments of torture in the local jail were also pretty gruesome too including a device in which the victim's lower body was secured such that the upper body could be gradually twisted to increasing degrees until the spine snapped.

Let's also not forget that Spain was still garrotting people until the 1970s.

Better than this...

The instrument was a claw-like tool that was often heated prior to torture and used to effectively mutilate and tear the breast off. It was used on women who were accused of witchcraft, adultery, or even to facilitate their own abortions. Brought about by the Tories.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

You cannot of course in anyway equate them, but you can compare them. They are certainly on the same continuum.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Although ironically:
                    'The way stateless Jews from Germany are pouring in from every port of this country is becoming an outrage . . .' In these words, Mr Herbert Metcalfe, the Old Street magistrate, yesterday referred to the number of aliens entering the country through the 'back door' - a problem to which the Daily Mail has repeatedly pointed.

Daily Mail, August 20, 1938
                    At least we have the proof, just there, that The Mail has always being a remarkably consistent paper.

Unlike others I could mention
                    Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 28 June 2017, 16:07.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      At least we have the proof, just there, that The Mail has always being a remarkably consistent paper.

Unlike others I could mention
                      There's always the Mail in 1900.

There were Russian Jews, Polish Jews, German Jews, Peruvian Jews: all kinds of Jews, all manner of Jews. They fought and jostled for the foremost place at the gangways; they rushed and pushed into the troopshed, where the mayor of Southampton... had provided free refreshments. They had breakfasted well on board, but they rushed as though starving at the food. They cursed if they were not quickly served, they helped themselves at will, they thrust the children to the background, they pushed the women... they jostled and upset the weak, they spilled coffee on the ground in wanton waste.

Incredible as it may seem, the moment they were in the [rail] carriages they played all manners of games at cards, staking sovereigns on a single card. These were the penniless refugees, and when the relief committee passed by they hid their gold and fawned and whined and... asked for money for their train fare.

Comment

Working...
                      X