• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

European companies still don't pay enough to attract Uk contractors to EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    On iPhone, in Croydon office, on conf call with 12 US-based Bobs....

So yeah, missed it!
    I don't know which part is worst!
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

UK rates are the absolute pittance, I refuse to speak to agents about contracts in the UK due the ridiculous sums although I do work there but via a US company and then we charge an arm and leg, particularly when doing an offshoring project
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I don't know which part is worst!
        Croydon surely, could have been worse - Swindon...

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          UK rates are the absolute pittance, I refuse to speak to agents about contracts in the UK due the ridiculous sums although I do work there
          You must be one hell of a scarecrow!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            With the pound tanking, it might make UK contractors more attractive.
            To whom exactly? The agents charging clients yesterday's rates and paying contractors tomorrow's weak pound perhaps...
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              You must be one hell of a scarecrow!!

Don't you worry, after Brexit, ex-Army Catering Corps will be in great demand working down at the foodbank...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Their argument is living costs tend to be cheaper in the EU.

However they tend to advertise expensive places....
                The airfares there and back every weekend however, are not cheap. And those need to be factored in. That alone adds about half a bag of sand to a weeks expenses, so the hotel costs barely enter into the equation.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                X