• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coalition of Chaos

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking a break from contracting

Comment

EU Brexit team absolutely delighted to see Tories out-negotiated by DUP for a billion quid

Comment

Of course the real issue here is now that the DUP has its grubby paws on the Westminster button, where is its incentive to return to power sharing? This has the potential to destroy the Good Friday agreement, all so the Tories can cling onto power. The Docklands and Manchester IRA bombs were 21 years ago, we don't need to return to that.

All hail Mother Theresa.
        Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
          Of course the real issue here is now that the DUP has its grubby paws on the Westminster button, where is its incentive to return to power sharing?
          The real issue... is you have a government that'll strike off the ill on disability and send them to work to recover a few £ per week. Or they'll skimp £2 per square meter on cladding causing the lives of many but they can find a billion pounds to buy 10 or so votes from terrorist sympathisers.

Why people are not marching the streets. The French would have shut down their country already.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

So what 3/4 weeks of money we would have given the eu?

Not ott in the grand scheme of things really.

Unless you have an axe to grind obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              So what 3/4 weeks of money we would have given the eu?

Not ott in the grand scheme of things really.

Unless you have an axe to grind obviously.
              These days £1trn is peanuts.

Exactly. Tin pot Italians spent 5x bailing out one tulipty bankrupt Italian bank.

We send 10x to India in "aid" for them to buy nuclear weapons and a space station.

Comment

I used to wonder what NI contributions on my payslip meant.

Now I know.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Coalition of Chaos

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Now I know.
                  It stands for No Income - ie your tax money goes to people with No income.

This may be a disabled veteran, a single mother at home with the kids, a pensioner, or just a lazy farker.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Hoping that's capital funding. Nice little business opportunity there.
                    Tag team with OldSmeg?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Now I know.
                      Except in YOUR particular case it stood for Naturally Imbecilic!
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X