• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK entering new golden engineering age

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else watch the programme about the last Vulcan with (professional thicko) Guy Martin last night? A repeat, but I missed it the first time.

A great example of British engineering, and who doesn't love the Vulcan. But this came out of a period where Britain was desperately hanging onto the idea that it was still a major world power by having nuclear weapons; even though the USSR and USA had already moved onto missiles we were stuck with bombers with crews on a 2 minute standby. And obviously we ultimately ended up buying American.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      The UK is still part of Europe and has no plans to leave.

However I think it is very bad news. EIB will end up getting their money back and loads more. Why did the UK let them get a slice of the pie? Disgrace.

The UK has had way too much foreign investment over recent years. UK train passengers pay over the odds so that the owners, mostly European governments, can put the money into their own rail networks.

Well done the EU for tucking us up for so many years. However enough is enough.
      That's the spirit, vote Corbyn for renationalisation of the railways!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        But you seem so unhappy. Passive aggressive comments and then the miserable comments. If you are generally happy then my apologises but going by your comments it seems that you are a little sad.
        I'm just enjoying the show, so don't worry about me. Do make sure you're not projecting, what with all your little passive aggressive comments .

Comment

However we clearly are only number 2 in the world. Place 1 goes to Czech: -

Fury after Czech power plant holds bikini beauty contest | Daily Mail Online

What does Halo Jones think?

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Anyone else watch the programme about the last Vulcan with (professional thicko) Guy Martin last night? A repeat, but I missed it the first time.

A great example of British engineering, and who doesn't love the Vulcan. But this came out of a period where Britain was desperately hanging onto the idea that it was still a major world power by having nuclear weapons; even though the USSR and USA had already moved onto missiles we were stuck with bombers with crews on a 2 minute standby. And obviously we ultimately ended up buying American.
            If you love the Vulcan try and see the programme on operation black buck.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              try and see the programme on operation black buck.
              Wasn't that one of NLyUK's special films?

Comment

I do seem to remember the old man was involved in the fledgling transgender pink chocolate sector in the '80s. Never made much money from it.

Comment

[emoji85][emoji86][emoji87]
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

However we clearly are only number 2 in the world. Place 1 goes to Czech: -

Fury after Czech power plant holds bikini beauty contest | Daily Mail Online

What does Halo Jones think?
                    Sorry - I just can't bring myself to follow a DM link

But nothing wrong with having eye candy on site (in all flavours)
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                      Sorry - I just can't bring myself to follow a DM link

But nothing wrong with having eye candy on site (in all flavours)
                      Indeed - strangely enough there are no men in just their posing pouches.....

cannot understand why that would be

Comment

Working...
                      X