• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK population rise of 538,000 is biggest for 70 years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    England is not a sovereign country.

HTH
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    When did that happen? Turn my back for two minutes...
    England is sovereign and always has been. Rule made in the EU that apply to us are made with our consent via the EU reps we have on all councils. The lie that the EU controls our laws is a sad reflection of the lies told by cnuts like Boris Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
      England is sovereign and always has been. Rule made in the EU that apply to us are made with our consent via the EU reps we have on all councils. The lie that the EU controls our laws is a sad reflection of the lies told by cnuts like Boris Johnson.
      You are wasting your breath.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

England is a constituent country of the UK, which is a sovereign state. England is not a sovereign state.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          England is a constituent country of the UK, which is a sovereign state. England is not a sovereign state.
          We should really come up with some better words than "country" and "state" because they cause nothing but confusion.

I blame the English and their stupid language.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            We should really come up with some better words than "country" and "state" because they cause nothing but confusion.

So you're not one of us? And there was me thinking...

Comment

You're argument is flawed and ill informed. And sounds like it came from the Daily Mail.
              1) Flawed because you didn't get that Art Ninja role ?
              2) I don't read Tory propaganda
              Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Except I used the terms 'sovereign state' and 'constituent country', which are very clear.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                  So you're not one of us? And there was me thinking...
                  Our stupid language. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Except I used the terms 'sovereign state' and 'constituent country', which are very clear.
                    Well 52% of the UK population don't understand what sovereignty means (and I wouldn't want to bet all of them know what constituent means either).

We should probably adopt the US/Germany model of being a country made up of states, rather than being a state made up of countries.

Comment

Well 52% of the UK population don't understand what sovereignty means (and I wouldn't want to bet all of them know what constituent means either).

We should probably adopt the US/Germany model of being a country made up of states, rather than being a state made up of countries.

whatever they cannot explain....

they blame on the EU, easy innit

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X