• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Burning Injustices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning Injustices

Boris Johnson struggles in interview

Boris Johnson struggles in interview - BBC News

Perhaps he has a diabetes health issue and should take a week off.

Comment

Burning Injustices

Eddie was fantastic, never heard Boris so flustered! Loved the bit where you could hear him rustling papers.

Given May is dead woman walking, and there is no fit replacement, shows how vacuous and entirely useless the Tories are.

Any hope of a reasonable brexit negotiation have evaporated. My hope is that the EU offer the UK the EEA, and we take it, and we can just crack on with minimum drama.

Keep your powder dry Labour, this will be the last Tory government in a very long time...
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        My hope is that the EU offer the UK the EEA
        If you look at the Brexit bills announced yesterday, it seems (to me) that they are specifically to cover the black hole that would be caused by the UK leaving the EU but remaining in the EEA via EFTA.

"The EEA Agreement does not cover the following EU policies: common agriculture and fisheries policies (although the EEA Agreement contains provisions on trade in agricultural and fish products); customs union; common trade policy; common foreign and security policy; justice and home affairs (the EEA EFTA States are however part of the Schengen area); direct and indirect taxation; or economic and monetary union."

And so we have an Agriculture Bill, a a Fisheries Bill, a Customs Bill and a Trade Bill (along with Nuclear Safeguards Bill, Immigration Bill and a Sanctions Bill).
        Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post

And so we have an Agriculture Bill, a a Fisheries Bill, a Customs Bill and a Trade Bill (along with Nuclear Safeguards Bill, Immigration Bill and a Sanctions Bill).
          What about the Leaving EU Bill? 60 million or so
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            Eddie was fantastic, never heard Boris so flustered! Loved the bit where you could hear him rustling papers.

Given May is dead woman walking, and there is no fit replacement, shows how vacuous and entirely useless the Tories are.

Any hope of a reasonable brexit negotiation have evaporated. My hope is that the EU offer the UK the EEA, and we take it, and we can just crack on with minimum drama.

Keep your powder dry Labour, this will be the last Tory government in a very long time...
            I disagree. I listened to it while driving.

Eddie was completely out of order. He fired constant precise questions, all with a negative slant which required interpretation of the queens speech to answer. It was obvious to start with Boris was not prepared having just walked over from the chamber.

Saying 'What is the point of the Prime Minister' numerous times just proves how bias the BBC is. Along with Kuensberg(sic) there is a complete bias left wing attack ion the Tories and I reckon it's because they feel emboldened that the license fee wont get cut.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Eddie was completely out of order. He fired constant precise questions, all with a negative slant which required interpretation of the queens speech to answer. It was obvious to start with Boris was not prepared having just walked over from the chamber.

Saying 'What is the point of the Prime Minister' numerous times just proves how bias the BBC is. Along with Kuensberg(sic) there is a complete bias left wing attack ion the Tories and I reckon it's because they feel emboldened that the license fee wont get cut.
              Constant precise questions - check

All with a negative slant - check

Boris was not prepared - check

Excellent journalism IMHO
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Apparently it's been confirmed that Boris was at the peak of health, and was happy that he was fully prepared for the interview.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

The Prime Minister is a role not a person - if he does not know what the role is supposed to achieve can I suggest he googles it?

The person currently holding that role is Theresa May.

So had he asked 'What is the point of Theresa May?' it would have been better - but that would have just exposed what he was trying to do with whole slant of the interview - e.g. fire award aggressive questions made to make Boris look bad.

So the main question is - is asking award aggressive questions which you know is going to cause the interviewee problems for the sake of causing the interviewee problems great journalism or childish journalism?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Boris Johnson struggles in interview

Boris Johnson struggles in interview - BBC News
                    It is very worrying that Bojo will be up against the likes of foreign ministers such as Sergey Lavrov

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Lavrov
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X