• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Supervolcano eruption imminent?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    .. If it happens, having Trump in a position of serious power (at the moment his wings can be clipped) is quite scary.
    If it happens, Yanks from the mid-west can always temporarily relocate to northern Mexico. Oh, hang on ...
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Then you can use the profits to invest in sledges.

If it happens, having Trump in a position of serious power(at the moment his wings can be clipped) is quite scary.
      I've just bought an Ice Cream van. Planning to drive it around East London and sell drugs.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        If it happens, Yanks from the mid-west can always temporarily relocate to northern Mexico. Oh, hang on ...
        Not after Trump builds the new Atlantic-Pacific link. Along the Mexican border.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I've just bought an Ice Cream van. Planning to drive it around East London and sell drugs.
          That's if you can find a decent pitch that isn't already taken by the MI5 and Special Branch ice cream vans!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

This looks like something out of a biology textbook.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Pratchett/Baxter's "Long Earth" series featured this kind of devastating event as a major plot point. More reason to support the colonisation of Mars?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

When I lived in a North West city that's who the local drug dealer was - just make sure your ice creams are market price otherwise the police will cotton on quickly.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Pratchett/Baxter's "Long Earth" series featured this kind of devastating event as a major plot point. More reason to support the colonisation of Mars?
                  Planets are a dead end. Colonise the asteroids.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    When I lived in a North West city that's who the local drug dealer was - just make sure your ice creams are market price otherwise the police will cotton on quickly.
                    Reminds me of a Chinese my friend used to use.

A 27 special got you the standard 27 Chinese meal and an eighth of Skunk.

A 27 Special was actually £28 if I remember correctly
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I've alway wondered what would happen if you nuked Yellowstone or the fault line through one of the Canaries to start a mega tsunami?
                      The BBC made a documentary on exactly this a few years ago:

BBC Two - The tsunami starts its destructive journey - Could We Survive a Mega-Tsunami? - The path of an Atlantic tsunami

IIRC, the conclusion was we'll be a bit ****ed.

Comment

Working...
                      X