• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finsbury Park attack - terrorism or not?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Fook you. You know exactly what I mean. Immigration into the country has effectively been largely unchecked. The restrictions you so proudly tout are not stringent enough.
    EU migrants can come and go, but there's no way you can tell me the influx of illiterate, non-English speaking spongers have been beneficial for the country.
    Are you equating EU migrants with "non-English speaking spongers" or are you saying they are different set of people?

I've lived in the East End of London for a while 25 years ago. It was changing then, I don't recognize it anymore.
    Hate to break it to you but London has changed continuously from the time it existed. The area I grew up in is full of middle class professionals and extremely wealthly people while the vast majority of people I went to school with no longer live in London.

Why don't they change the BBC show Eastenders to show what it really looks like, and to your last point, I'm married to one of 'them' foreigners.
    I have no idea and being married to a foreign doesn't stop you being racist and a bigot.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Are you equating EU migrants with "non-English speaking spongers" or are you saying they are different set of people?

Hate to break it to you but London has changed continuously from the time it existed. The area I grew up in is full of middle class professionals and extremely wealthly people while the vast majority of people I went to school with no longer live in London.

I have no idea and being married to a foreign doesn't stop you being racist and a bigot.
      You need to stop calling people racist and bigots when they have concerns that you don't agree with.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        You need to stop calling people racist and bigots when they have concerns that you don't agree with.
        I was thinking the same. Anyone who knows me knows I'm not racist. I'm a Tory though, so that of course makes be a bigot.

This is the problem, you cannot have an opposite view or an opinion because snowflake ****wits like to shout racist or sexist or Tory at you. No wonder so many people voted Ukip, Brexit and then Tory.

I just happen to think that mass immigration that creates ghettos & means those who arrive need looking after by the state is plain wrong.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          I didn't say he was a racist and a bigot I just pointed out being married to a foreigner doesn't stop you being one.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I didn't say he was a racist and a bigot I just pointed out being married to a foreigner doesn't stop you being one.
            Point taken.

Once Ting Tong has finished the washing up & hoovering she's going to pop out and get the ingredients to knock up a good chinky.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I just happen to think that mass immigration that creates ghettos & means those who arrive need looking after by the state is plain wrong.
              I know a couple of first wave immigration families, one Pakistani and one Jamaican who feel their areas have been turned from mixed into singular.

They would likely share this sentiment.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Can't we just accept people for what they are?
                +1

On the money...
                one day at a time

Comment

Here's what has happened.

Wars have started in places like Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria.
                  Genuine refugees have been created as a result.

At the same time, people smugglers have rubbed their hands together and thought "how can we make money here?".

They organise transport from safe areas, charge unidentifiable "refugees" a few grand each to get on board. These are not the same refugees that were created at the war sites. These people are largely opportunist economic migrants, with a few soldiers and genuine refugees thrown in. As soon as the guys land and get housed - they start knocking out kids - to embed themselves and avoid repatriation after wars have ended.

When Australia put in rules to send intercepted boats to safe islands (and never allow those voyagers onto Australia)- the boats stopped. That did not coincide with an end to war. It was no longer a viable business for the smugglers.

So you are taking on uncontrolled risk and cost unnecessarily, all the while genuine refugees continue to suffer at the war zone. This is a big scam.

Solution- Australian model. Build a safe haven on a Greek island funded by the EU. Help bail out Greece as a side effect. Then, UK continue to actively source identifiable refugees from war zones to do our moral duty. Controlled refugee intake.

Comment

Point taken.

Once Ting Tong has finished the washing up & hoovering she's going to pop out and see the divorce lawyer
                    FTFY

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                    +1

On the money...
                    2 compliments from CUKkers in one day. I think I must be unwell.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      I know a couple of first wave immigration families, one Pakistani and one Jamaican who feel their areas have been turned from mixed into singular.

They would likely share this sentiment.
                      In sunny Slough white British is an ethnic minority but most of the 1960s immigrants Indian & Black are not keen on the EU influx which has most definitely changed the face of Slough.

I had to laugh because they mention coming over here, taking our jobs
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X