• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kicking off in London - again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    yes and these are accidents where both parties try to avoid them

these are not situations where one party is intent on casualties

Milan.
    So you don't mind travelling to London to possibly die in a car accident, but you are put off by the much less likely event that you die in a terrorist attack?

Comment

I kid you not this could quickly descend in to civil unrest

or isn't it already civil unrest ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        So you don't mind travelling to London to possibly die in a car accident, but you are put off by the much less likely event that you die in a terrorist attack?

yes, I have more chance of avoiding a fatal car accident, than a terrorist attack, on top of this I'll be with my wife and two children, and I have even less chance of protecting the 4 of us from an attack

until the government demonstrates measure to get this under control, it's not worth the risk

as I said, under current law I am not permitted to provide myself with measures of physical protection

Milan.

Comment

yes, I have more chance of avoiding a fatal car accident, than a terrorist attack, on top of this I'll be with my wife and two children, and I have even less chance of protecting the 4 of us from an attack

until the government demonstrates measure to get this under control, it's not worth the risk

as I said, under current law I am not permitted to provide myself with measures of physical protection

Milan.
          I think, Milan, that you're just responding to risks that are in the news without any critical thought about greater risks that are not in the news. Visit London and have a good time, and be extra careful crossing the road.

Comment

Have you stopped driving, cycling or crossing the road because of the risk?

These are the 2016 UK figures for road casualties.

Killed 1,810
            Serious injury 25,160
            Slight injury 157,400
            Total injury 182,560

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reporte..._Great_Britain

I think he needs to be more concerned with the risk of infection from wet bedding.

Comment

you know what folks, this aint going in a good direction

we have government which cannot govern

and we have civil war starting on the streets

deniers turn your heads away now, this is the beginning of civil war

I wouldn't be surprised with a state of emergency and curfews

I'll be cancelling the night with the family in Covent Garden in August

Milan.
              We do have a government. There isn't civil war on the streets.

It's sunny outside and perfect bbq weather. Have a go and smile and get on with things.

Comment

Never let terrorism or other events stop me travelling anywhere (within reason).

I can say I have been far more dangerous places than London many times for a variety of reasons.

Just get on with your life....
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Never let terrorism or other events stop me travelling anywhere (within reason).

I can say I have been far more dangerous places than London many times for a variety of reasons.

Just get on with your life....
                  I did cancel the family trip to see the archaeological wonders of Palmyra.

Comment

Crisis meeting to work out how May should react without appearing to be cold, but without overreacting to compensate for Grenfell Tower.
                    Photo shoot of her hugging some Muslims whilst stamping on Corbyn's head?
                    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                      Photo shoot of her hugging some Muslims whilst stamping on Corbyn's head?
                      It's a difficult balance to strike for a leader with no human qualities.

Comment

Working...
                      X