• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The weekend thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for asking.

Tonight - hit the beach.
    Tomorrow - some ridiculous end of school year party that was meant to be a few drinks but is now turning into a 'secular coming of age ceremony' for kids who didn't do first communion this year - what is the point of bring irreligious and going to a secular school if someone is going to pull a stunt like this? But too late to pull out now; so a lot of drinks.
    Sunday - take the family into Dublin to see some friends and go for pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Cook her dinner and look after her. Hope she's better soon.
      Kebab from takeaway count?

She better recover - Glastonbury next week!
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Big talker. We know you aren't the decision maker in the house so talk it up all you want
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Just stop off on the way home, and see what you can rustle up from that.

http://easternvalley.foodbank.org.uk/

Comment

working tonight

Garden needs attention Saturday

Sunday day home, pm BBQ at in laws.

TFA
            Last edited by vetran; 16 June 2017, 15:57.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              working tonight

Garden needs attention Saturday

Sunday day home, pm BBQ at in laws.

TFA
              My garden in Alentejo must burn this weekend.
              The fish and my turtles in the pond will be cooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                My garden in Alentejo must burn this weekend.
                The fish and my turtles in the pond will be cooked.
                PS: Oh, I have two bantam hens hatching eggs, buaaAAAÁÁ.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  ... but is now turning into a 'secular coming of age ceremony' for kids who didn't do first communion this year - what is the point of bring irreligious and going to a secular school if someone is going to pull a stunt like this?...
                  How very GDR.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Currently working, since 5:30 this morning until about 15:00
                    Quick visit to see a lot of Heckflosse in the town center (they all arrived yesterday):

Then the Scottish Festival in town where whisky might be taken...
                    A quiet relaxing Sunday in the sun will follow
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      Drive up to Mytholmroyd tonight for an early start tomorrow on the 3 Coasts 600 Audax ride.

Sat/Sun on the bike followed by lying on the sofa eating all the cake.
                      Only managed the first leg in the end, the heat on Saturday was ridiculous, hit 40 deg at one point according to the Garmin and was well over 25+ for much of the ride. Got back to the ride HQ just before Midnight, managed to get a few hours kip but woke up feeling dreadful, couldn't concentrate, no-energy, no appetite, forced down a bowl of rice crisps and felt sick afterwards.

Ended up bailing from the ride and dozing for a couple more hours until I felt well enough to drive home.

My first DNF on a big ride
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X