• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Tories would be mad to call an election now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    I see what you did there. Very good.
    I wouldn't encourage him. He's enough of a smart ass as it is!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      The final straw, May probably to be replaced

She's done it again.

Looks like a new leader such as Ruth Davidson or Philip Hammond will be taking over, which is why the Tory whips are all over the Lib Dems.

We know what that means
      That you are going to be even happier?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        That you are going to be even happier?

so this means,

Brexit is off the table, over, finished

and the Tory party gets another leader who was not voted in by the electorate

General Election anybody ?

Obviously, even a blind folded Brexiter could see this, the only way the Tories can win another General Election would be to say, Brexit is gone, off the table buried, and we are committed to Europe

Will they do it, that's the question

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
          Frightening isn't it... You couldn't make it up... you really couldn't.
          I'd say ironic...people have spent the past few years saying how unelectable Corbyn was and that the Labour party was dead and would be out of power for decades and yet here we are.

Comment

It will certainly be interesting.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 16 June 2017, 12:28.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

from the Bloomberg article...

"“We’ve set out the broad principles from where we will start the negotiation and we will negotiate in good faith, but it is a negotiation and we recognize there will be an exchange of views and we will take that forward in a spirit of genuine cooperation,” Chancellor of the Exchequer Philip Hammond told reporters in Luxembourg on Friday."

funny isn't it, this is the total opposite of May's no deal is better than a bad deal rhetoric

wonder what Theresa has to say about that then, will she be stubborn with Mr Hammond ?

Or is Theresa infact punishing us all by giving us the silent treatment ?

Milan.

Comment

Fook it - I am going to contact Elon Musk see if there are any 1 way tickets to mars.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Fook it - I am going to contact Elon Musk see if there are any 1 way tickets to mars.
                  I was just wondering where all the Brexiters have gone, the silence is deafening

do you think Mr Hammond, when he becomes PM will call a General Election to strengthen his position to deliver a soft Brexit ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    from the Bloomberg article...

"“We’ve set out the broad principles from where we will start the negotiation and we will negotiate in good faith, but it is a negotiation and we recognize there will be an exchange of views and we will take that forward in a spirit of genuine cooperation,” Chancellor of the Exchequer Philip Hammond told reporters in Luxembourg on Friday."

funny isn't it, this is the total opposite of May's no deal is better than a bad deal rhetoric

wonder what Theresa has to say about that then, will she be stubborn with Mr Hammond ?

Or is Theresa infact punishing us all by giving us the silent treatment ?

Milan.
                    As George Osborne says, she's a dead woman walking, she has no power and is simply "administering", clearly Philip Hammond as the second most powerful member of the cabinet has taken over. David Davis just seems to be happy to have a ministerial post.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

You Remainers seem to be having a merry old time, chortling at the present (admittedly chaotic looking) situation.

But make the most of your little moment of fun, because come the next election if a soft Brexit or even no Brexit is on the cards then UKIP voters, both Tory and Labour, will be back with a vengeance (literally!)
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X