• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    £1,393.14 from Admiral (via GoCompare)

Still less than £2.4k they were quoting when I first checked with them direct
    Look on the bright side. That's significantly cheaper than a year ago in USD or EUR terms.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Are they the only people who will insure you due to the dodgy area you live in?
      No, but other insurers who gave a bit cheaper price to me seemed like bad choice - better the devil you know...

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        None of the sites I used could beat Mercedes own insurance quote

HTH
        My wife's insurance on her smokey old Benz is up for renewal. Mercedes insurance quoted £977.42 where as Direct Line was £257.20. I guess it's horses for courses.

Comment

No, but other insurers who gave a bit cheaper price to me seemed like bad choice - better the devil you know...

If they are well known names then you will be ok
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Well if you are going to zoom around like you are an extra in Grand Theft Auto, what can you really expect?
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Well if you are going to zoom around like you are Capo dei capi from MAFIA III, what can you really expect?
              FTFY

Comment

Well come on what did you expect?

You did have an accident in one of the most expensive cars on the market...

and then have gone and bought another one thats twice the size

Not envious at all

Comment

What kind of excess did you have for theft?

Comment

Insurance £435 on my Maserati QP (yes, I went for it), if I'd kept it in Ireland, €1607. UK road tax, £235, IRL €1837

Plus you get to pay for road tolls but at least NCT (ie MOT) is every two years and only €55....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      What kind of excess did you have for theft?
                      Theft of visual acuity is not a covered loss.

Comment

Working...
                      X