• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tim Ferriss slow carb diet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best face skin cream is water. Lots and lots of water....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      The best face skin cream is water. Lots and lots of water....
      Errrrrmm, that totally goes against the advice I have given the Mrs.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Errrrrmm, that totally goes against the advice I have given the Mrs.
        NLyUK has perfect skin and drinks no water. I wish I knew her secret.

Comment

NLyUK has perfect skin and drinks no water. I wish I knew her secret.

Gin. Probably.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Gin. Probably.
            I think he's referring to something less alcoholic and more man made...
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
              I'm doing this currently and I wouldn't say it's too hard. I'm doing a strength training programme and watching my diet quite carefully, early days but noticeable results so far. Plenty of protein and low carbs. I've basically just cut out bread, spuds, rice and pasta and eating more veggies.
              Newbie gains are always quite dramatic. The long haul is the hard one. Best of luck with it.

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
              How can a man lose a beer belly but not lose weight off the face?
              Not sure why you are asking me that but where fat is gained and lost is genetically determined. It is probably possible to lose weight from the stomach and not the face but it would be pretty unusual.

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
              This is not possible as far as I know.

Once you are over 25...you have to accept the beer belly, or you will become haggered looking with a six pack trying to keep it totally flat.
              Right?
              Wrong. I am 40 and do not have a beer belly, nor do I look particularly haggered, as least IMHO

That is such an odd question I think you might be winding me up?
              Last edited by MyUserName; 15 June 2017, 13:35.
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                Can you build muscle and lose fat at the same time?

Or is it about maintaining muscle mass whilst losing fat?

Certainly the whole process of stressing muscles and allowing them to repair and refill their glucogen will help 'burn energy'.
                Yep.

Various forms of interval training or endurance training with weights can help. Though a lot of it is genetically determined regardless of your gender.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                  Newbie gains are always quite dramatic. The long haul is the hard one. Best of luck with it.
                  Yeah, I'm carrying a fair bit of fat, but I'm not that big. I should get my body fat % measured as my target isn't a particular weight. I've lost a stone over about 6 weeks though, doing a mix of cardio and weight machines and mostly strength training with the barbell the last 3 weeks.

I'll be happy to lose the majority of the beer belly and them look at increasing strength as a ongoing thing.

I didn't say any of the rest of your quotes

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    I think he's referring to something less alcoholic and more man made...
                    It was Gin I was referring to. However I like your thinking.

Comment

It was Gin I was referring to. However I like your thinking.
                      Gin, here, too
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X