• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London Tower Block Inferno

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the residents have a strong advocate in their new MP.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...ell-tower-fire

Comment

In my experience, Britain has the worst housing standards of any country in Western Europe.
      Not just tower blocks, but new-builds of all types are small and shoddily made.
      Even the blocks of flats built for millionaires in posh areas of London are poorly made - poor sound insulatio and God knows what else.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        Architects are slaves to fashion and dressing up such concrete towers seems very fashionable.

I noticed they'd spruced up (in two tone blue) the ones visible from the M5 near Birmingham when I was passing first time in ages the other week, much better than the drab grey original.

Thought they'd painted them rather than covered them in flammable plastic.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          I noticed they'd spruced up (in two tone blue) the ones visible from the M5 near Birmingham when I was passing first time in ages the other week, much better than the drab grey original.

Thought they'd painted them rather than covered them in flammable plastic.
          Nothing wrong with grey if the people inside it won't burn to death.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Argahhh! Corbyn and May visits Grenwall, she doesn't speak to survivors as she'd probably get lynched he's around hugging them and visibly upset getting huge thanks for coming.

Good god, he just keeps making her look bad.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Argahhh! Corbyn and May visits Grenwall, she doesn't speak to survivors as she'd probably get lynched he's around hugging them and visibly upset getting huge thanks for coming.

Good god, he just keeps making her look bad.
              They need to give her a simple flow chart to script her conversations with survivors.

Has she visited your wife yet to apologise for the 10k?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                They need to give her a simple flow chart to script her conversations with survivors.

Has she visited your wife yet to apologise for the 10k?
                No , but Corbyn popped around, gave me a cuddle and said when he gets in next time he's taking my house for immigrants.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  No , but Corbyn popped around, gave me a cuddle and said when he gets in next time he's taking my house for immigrants.
                  Mrs MF likes a bit of exotic.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Mrs MF likes a bit of skinny.
                    FTFY
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X