• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tiguan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to add something pointless - i hate the Tiguan because I hate that fookin advert with that tw@tty hipster being 'cool' and all the school mums getting wet panties for him..

seriously it is not a fanny magnet.

Comment

The wife has one - 170bhp 4motion. Goes well, bought it ex-VW management, 5 years old still going well. A lot more room than the Nissan Joke/CashCow, yes a bit like the old RAV4.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Just to add something pointless - i hate the Tiguan because I hate that fookin advert with that tw@tty hipster being 'cool' and all the school mums getting wet panties for him..

seriously it is not a fanny magnet.
        Tiguans are family cars for people who don't want to transport their children's friends around - which is why Mrs Eek has always had blooming tulip Zafiras....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
          My mate has got one. We go to the gym in it. Another mate has got an X3. Same issue.

They're big inside. Which means you've really got to love black plastic.

Because there's football pitch of it inside.
          For those reasons alone, I'm out
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Be sure to get one in 'recession white'.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I'm not sure I've ever seen one up close - will go and take a look. I don't even know how big it is... some silly toy SUV like the Nissan Juke, or more directly comparable with the older RAV-4 which is actually pretty spacious?

My other concern with VWs is the recall over emissions. I've heard that people who took their cars back for the fix (whatever it was) have found them worsened for it. Not sure which models and years were affected.

Here's a silly question: I never bought a car for cash before. Are there limits on what they can take from my debit card if I want to drive the car away today?
              I need to replace my old RAV. Wish it could go on forever

I've given up on finding a decent robust mid range SUV and am going for a double cab pickup instead. Something like the Isuzu DMax.

Oh, and I can get away with it where I live without looking chavvy

Comment

<Standard x comment about vans>
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Had a proper look at SUVs and mini SUVs last year and frankly got sick of them all; they're all the same boring design and with a outward body shape that is way too big for the cabin space that you actually get inside.

The only one that stands out in terms of combined good design and good value is the Ford S-Max. Either that or you can pay 3 times as much for a Cayenne, Macan or Volvo XC90.

I just thought F this am I lashing out on yet another family-wagon after 10 years of scooting around in one. So I bought myself a lovely beast of a turbo which still has 3 seats in the back but takes me to 60mph in 4 seconds. I'm much happier now.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Manages to look distinctly unsexy even in black..

Absolutely perfect for you

It really is an unappealing design isn't it. Almost like they were trying to make it as bland and dull as possible.

Is there a reason why people don't just buy an estate car anymore?
                    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Here's a silly question: I never bought a car for cash before. Are there limits on what they can take from my debit card if I want to drive the car away today?
                      If the dealer is any good they will expect you to phone the bank there and then so will give you the phone. Though if you are buying on a weekend you may have problems.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X