• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who should be the next Tory leader?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted IDS. Had to be him or WH. Both failed Tory leaders of course because people rank charisma above sense.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Feck me what a shower of shit.
      Couldn't possibly vote for any of those fools.
      Maybe Hammond because he's pragmatic.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Feck me what a shower of shit.
        Couldn't possibly vote for any of those fools.
        Maybe Hammond because he's pragmatic.
        This, but I don't rate Hammond either, strikes me as the male equivalent to May
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

William Hague was a disaster as Foreign Secretary. Remember all the mixed messages and confusion emanating from his department during the Libya conflict?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            And they delivered a SNP majority. Something no other UK party managed. What are you trying to tell me?
            That there's no chance of a second referendum (or a third, fourth or fifth) for the forseeable.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...b0be3ed1925e42

The Scottish National party has withdrawn a £1m fundraising appeal to help fight a second Scottish independence referendum, the Herald has reported, after its heavy election defeats on Friday.

The SNP launched the ref.scot campaign when Nicola Sturgeon, the first minister and SNP leader, launched her quest for a second independence vote by spring 2019. That goal has now been dropped, and Sturgeon admitted on Friday she had to re-evaluate her referendum strategy after the loss of 21 SNP seats in the general election.

The SNP’s remaining 35 MPs have to elect a new Westminster leader after Angus Robertson, who previously held the role, lost his Moray seat to the Tories.

With that vote taking place tomorrow, four MPs have put their names forward: Drew Hendry, the former leader of Highland council; Ian Blackford, a former SNP party treasurer; Joanna Cherry QC, an advocate; and Tommy Sheppard, a former comedy club director and previously deputy leader of Hackney council’s Labour group.

Robertson remains the SNP’s deputy leader despite losing his seat. The party’s rules only require the deputy leader to be an party member.

The disappearance of the fundraising appeal, which had raised £482,000 with 10 days of its 100-day operation still to go, was first spotted by the Times reporter Daniel Sanderson on Friday morning.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              This, but I don't rate Hammond either, strikes me as the male equivalent to May
              At least he's not a Brexit ideologue.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Lord Buckethead would be the obvious candidate to me. He has greater personal popularity than all mentioned in the poll, and better policies to boot (e.g. legalise the hunting of fox-hunters).

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  At least he's not a Brexit ideologue.
                  Agreed, well whoever it is, is going to have to work with more moderate views.

I just can't believe we are down to Hammond as possibly the best option
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I would vote BoJo any day, because with him in the driving seat the current train crash approach would be exponentially magnified and consequently derailing Brexit

So for remainers, BoJo is the best bet

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                      I would vote BoJo any day, because with him in the driving seat the current train crash approach would be exponentially magnified and consequently derailing Brexit

So for remainers, BoJo is the best bet

Milan.
                      I do wish this remain/stay thing would stop. We all want what is best for the UK.

Comment

Working...
                      X