• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

As a lifelong Tory I'm disgusted with the Tory party

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    What a load of rubbish and wishful thinking.

We did know what Brexit would entail, including most likely a bit of turmoil (though nowhere near as much as Remainer scaremongers, including some Tory ministers and most media pundits, would have had us believe), and I'm confident most Brexit voters would still vote the same way again.
    Can you point me to a Vote Leave or a Leave.EU manifesto that outlined what Brexit would entail... and manifestos written on the side of a bus don't count.

Comment

Originally posted by grabri View Post
      Can you point me to a Vote Leave or a Leave.EU manifesto that outlined what Brexit would entail... and manifestos written on the side of a bus don't count.
      The Official UK Government could only afford to produce one for Remain.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

We did know what Brexit would entail ...
        So how do you think the UK will prosper in the event of a hard Brexit i.e. no Single Market and Customs Union.
        By what mechanism will we replace the trade in goods and services with our largest partner?
        How do we persuade the Japanese car makers based in the UK (who export to Europe) to stay if they have to pay tariffs which removes their thin profit margins?
        How does our principal industry, the financial, cope with the loss of passporting rights?
        How can we keep the European Airbus company making wings in the UK?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

What a load of rubbish and wishful thinking.

We did know what Brexit would entail, including most likely a bit of turmoil (though nowhere near as much as Remainer scaremongers, including some Tory ministers and most media pundits, would have had us believe), and I'm confident most Brexit voters would still vote the same way again.
          Was it always going to entail leaving the single market?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            The country voted for Brexit, it didn't vote for chaos and poverty.
            That's the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              As a lifelong Tory, you've not really got the hang of this Tory thing yet.
              This time Tories came after him...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                he isn't free to argue that a democratic process should be ignored
                Democratic PROCESS is a PROCESS, not a FINAL VOTE (one party likes) FOREVER!

Comment

So how do you think the UK will prosper in the event of a hard Brexit i.e. no Single Market and Customs Union.
                  By what mechanism will we replace the trade in goods and services with our largest partner?
                  How do we persuade the Japanese car makers based in the UK (who export to Europe) to stay if they have to pay tariffs which removes their thin profit margins?
                  How does our principal industry, the financial, cope with the loss of passporting rights?
                  How can we keep the European Airbus company making wings in the UK?
                  Still waiting for a Brexiter to answer these questions. Been waiting for nearly a year.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Still waiting for a Brexiter to answer these questions. Been waiting for nearly a year.
                    Exactly after Brexit the car industry and the banking industry will be hollowed out, life will be miserable and there will still be floods of immigrants coming in, they just won't be coming from the EU.

EU immigrants are extremely well qualified so I will expect water pipes to start bursting, electrical installations to spontaneously burst into flames and probably the streets will stink because the rubbish isn't being collected. The NHS is already running into an acute crisis because their EU staff are leaving in droves.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      They probably will, but there will also probably be a whole load of young voters who will turn up at the next one.
                      WHAT next one??

Comment

Working...
                      X