• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speaking personally on Corbyn...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
    Doesn't worry me at all. The sooner the NHS starts behaving like a commercially-minded organisation, the better. When it dawns on them that it's their own money they waste, and not simply "other peoples money", maybe they'll stop wasting it by the truckload.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkT View Post
      You mean along with everyone else? Heard of market forces?
      Yes I have thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Yes I have thank you.
        Always a good thing for a small business owner.

However I've realised that you have probably been hit by IR35 in the public sector?

Comment

Always a good thing for a small business owner.

However I've realised that you have probably been hit by IR35 in the public sector?
          No I've not.

Comment

Some rates have skyrocketed in the PS.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Cost of production goes up...

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

So much for the 1% pay freeze in the public sector.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Cost of production goes up...
                  Not my choice really, but they are competing with IB rates now, i.e. the same PS rate as previously + a big chunk extra for being inside IR35.

i.e. old rate £450, new rate £600+
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Speaking personally on Corbyn...
                    Isn't that all the Tories are doing now? Are they afraid of him? Is he the big bad bogeyman? Where is the mention of the Labour party?
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

My personal position is that of a contractor, supporting an unwell wife and 3 children with Autism.

If Corbyn wins he wants to make all of the people who work for a company, employees of that company. Should this happen, I'll be caught by IR35 as will the vast majority of us I presume. I stand to lose around £30-40k a year. I cannot afford to do that, so I won't be voting for him.

However, what I'd really like to see is him take this further. Make us REAL employees instead, if we are caught by IR35, then we don't pay the employers NI, we get holiday and sick pay and we get benefits too.

Will this be the new way forward for us if he wins? Chasing benefits from our "employers" ?
                      Where did he say that ? Add a link to your post with some evidence.

Comment

Working...
                      X