• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Enough is Enough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    My version of paganism is more progressive. We won't be doing any hedgehog bothering, don't want animal rights involved. And will be doing the naked dancing somewhere warm, local leisure centre or the King Dicks pub.
    You have to do it in the cold as people's bits are more likely to behave.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
      That would mean banning Jewish halakha courts as well... which could be problematic, unless we finally accept that religion is bulltulip and ban it all for good.
      Then we would be like "Communist' Totalitarian regimes. Eventually the government would be over thrown and we would have a civil war....

Comment

There are proven health benefits from male cicumcision
        Crap. It says in that link you posted that the benefits are not great enough to recommend universal newborn circumcision. It states that some infection related problems listed are preventable anyway by good hygiene and using a condom. It lists 5 supposed advantages but also list 5 potential problems. Two of the 5 things it can rectify, phimosis and balanitis, are conditions that can be treated by circumcision if they arise, there's no need to act in advance.

This NHS link says the negative link between STDs and circumcision has been inconclusive and conflicting.
        Circumcision in men - NHS Choices

This link says the same. That it is a means of preventing disease have been investigated by national medical organizations and found lacking
        which is why no such organization in the world recommends circumcision. It also lists psychological problems that result from it, a loss of
        sexual feeling, a possible (not proven) link to erectile dysfunction and it can even reduce enjoyment for women.
        How Male Circumcision Harms Women

I am not saying that it may not be necessary in some cases, when a sound medical reason has been confirmed, but in general this is an unjustified mutilation of infants for religious claptrap reasons. Like the inhumane practices of Halal and Kosher slaughtering it need to be banned.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 5 June 2017, 19:41.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Crap. It says in that link you posted that the benefits are not great enough to recommend universal newborn circumcision. It states that some infection related problems listed are preventable anyway by good hygiene and using a condom. It lists 5 supposed advantages but also list 5 potential problems. Two of the 5 "advantages", phimosis and balanitis, are conditions that can be treated by circumcision if they arise, there's no need to act in advance.

This NHS link says the negative link between STDs and circumcision has been inconclusive and conflicting.

This link says the same. That it is a means of preventing disease have been investigated by national medical organizations and found lacking
          which is why no such organization in the world recommends circumcision. It also lists psychological problems that result from it, a loss of
          sexual feeling, a possible (not proven) link to erectile dysfunction and it can even reduce enjoyment for women.

I am not saying that it may not be necessary in some cases, when a sound medical reason has been confirmed, but in general this is an unjustified mutilation of infants for religious claptrap reasons. Like the inhumane practices of Halal and Kosher slaughtering it need to be banned.
          You aren't allowed to pick on two religions like that so you have to ban all of them. That will mean forcing Hindus etc to eat beef or all meat which isn't going to go down well.....

Viva la Revolution!

Comment

Theresa can't ban religion!

Theresa May reveals how her faith in God gives her confidence she is 'doing the right thing' | The Independent

British PM Theresa May Says Faith in God Is Guiding Her on Brexit

God tells Theresa May he’s not touching Brexit with a bargepole
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Oh my god. *pun intended*

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Crap. It says in that link you posted that the benefits are not great enough to recommend universal newborn circumcision. It states that some infection related problems listed are preventable anyway by good hygiene and using a condom. It lists 5 supposed advantages but also list 5 potential problems. Two of the 5 things it can rectify, phimosis and balanitis, are conditions that can be treated by circumcision if they arise, there's no need to act in advance.

Its AssSnob it is talking bollox as usual....
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                  Indeed.

True story. I had to be circumcised as my foreskin couldn't keep up with rest of my ever enlarging penis when I was 12. The doctor said I had to exercise it so it would stretch, but when I tried that in the bath it got stuck behind the head and acted like a cock ring giving me a very painful erection. Eventually I had to shout for my mum who brought some kitchen paper full of ice cubes to calm it down. I still have the scars!
                  And some physical ones as well, I expect.

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  My version of paganism is more progressive. We won't be doing any hedgehog bothering, don't want animal rights involved. And will be doing the naked dancing somewhere warm, local leisure centre or the King Dicks pub.
                  I read that as "The King's Dick pub".
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

In all of this we should not lose sight of the fact that FGM has much more of an impact on young girls. The practice of mutilation of children by any religion should be banned in any decent society.

Comment

Originally posted by grabri View Post
                      In all of this we should not lose sight of the fact that FGM has much more of an impact on young girls. The practice of mutilation of children by any religion should be banned in any decent society.
                      How dare you repress African culture.

Comment

Working...
                      X